Level 7
Specs:
mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus V Extreme
RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2400mhz 8GB x2
CPU: 3770k @ 4.7Ghz
GPU: GTX 680 ASUS DirectCUII TOP x2
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb
PSU: Silverstone Strider 850w

I've been using this computer pretty much trouble free for a few years. I did send it out to ASUS about a month or two ago for repair, my audio suddenly stop working, they sent it back with the problem fixed. Last night I was playing GTA V for PC just fine with no problem, I got tired and shutdown. The next day I went to work in the morning and came back home to play some more to find my PC won't boot, the computer starts up, I hear the fans start spinning and the lights turn on then suddenly it shuts down and automatically starts back up then shutdown again and keeps doing this over and over again, I tried jumping the PSU with a paperclip. This PSU starts up and all the fans and lights come on and it stays on. I plug the 24pin back into the mob and still nothing. I tried to take the battery out and still nothing, not sure what to do right now.

Project: Hyperion
Case: Cosmos II
Mainboard: Asus Maximus V Extreme
CPU: Intel 3770k @ 4.6Ghz
Cooling: Corsair H100 /Gentle Typhoon Push/Pull
RAM: G.Skill Trident X 16Gbz (2x 8GBs) @ 2400Mhz
GPU: 2x Nvidia GTX 680 Direct CU II TOP
PSU: Sliverstone Strider 850w
SSD: Crucial 128Gb
HDD: 2x Seagate Bearicuda 2TB in Raid 0
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hello THE SE7EN SINS

That's usuaully a sign of an unstable overclock. Taking the battery out should have reset the bios to defaults but just in case try the clear cmos button and hold it for 3 seconds then try booting.

if it still goes into a boot loop let it go, it will eventually either take you to the bios with an overclock failed message or stop on a code, take a look in the motherboard manual and see what the code is referring to.

Spathi
Level 9
THE SE7EN SINS wrote:
I tried jumping the PSU with a paperclip.

That does not sound sane at all.

Anyway the MB will detect a bad PSU and turn off or not boot.

Look to see if you MB lights are flickering in sleep or when the PC is off... that is a sign the PSU can't supply the correct low power spec.

I had the exact combination of symptoms as you on my previous p8p67 deluxe. In my case turned out the mobo failed, probably vrm failure. Try to procede with the usual troubleshooting of other components and hope the problem isnt too serious