cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen Flickering

Capt1v1ty
Level 7
I bought my asus G73sw around june, about 2-3 months ago it started to flicker when I was gaming.

When im playing HoN or Saints Row 3 it will go black then come back on and I will get a error message at the bottom right of the screen saying something like kernal error driver could not respond.

I took it back to bestbuy and they sent me to geek squad. They were saying it was a software issue. I reformatted the hard drive and updated all the drivers. I still have this problem.

Does anyone know a fix or why its causing this?
Thanks...
4 REPLIES 4

JRd1st
Level 12
A lot of people are getting that, lately. Some people say it's the 280.xx series of drivers. But I had 285.38 beta for a long time and never had a problem. I switched to newer drivers and got the problem, mildly. So I went back to 285.38 and so far so good. 😄
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

fuzon1337
Level 10
Which version are installed on your grapich card?

If you got the newest version, you could downgrade your drivers, as JRd1st have done with his computer.

I'm running fine with 285.62
(but sometimes before the login screen comes up, a green screen shows up for 1-2 sec and then it's back to normal).
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

Im using 285.79 atm, i found this one on this forum. Hopefully this helps. Im gonna try it. ill post later on results.

THanks 🙂

im still getting the flickering.... with the 285.38. Is there another solution?