cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any help please? :D I dont know where to put this. I'm new Sorry

Geletejo
Level 7
My pc turns off while playing some games like Evolve or Shadows of Mordor, after its turns off i have to wait like 1 min to turn it on again. Any help? I have just ascended, in reddit a person told me to disable anti-surge for ASUS but i dont know if he is right and where to do that. Any help please? Specs:
CPU: AMD FX Series FX-8350 4.0Ghz 8X Black Edition
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0
Power Supply: Corsair CX750M 750W 80 Plus Bronce Modular
RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 2400 PC3-19200 16GB 2X8GB CL11
O.S. Microsoft Windows 8.1 64bits
GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X OC 3GB GDDR5
4 REPLIES 4

Ntwlf
Level 12
Welcome to the forums, Geletejo.
The first thought that comes to mind is the CPU is getting to hot, and its protecting itself by shutting down the computer. If you don't know already, the "AMD FX-8350 Black Edition" requires some serious cooling solutions especially in a case with inadequate airflow. You haven't indicated what case and cpu cooler you have. If your using the stock air cooler that came with the CPU, then this is likely the issue. Either way, I suggest removing the side panel from your case and setting an AC room fan (desk fan, floor fan, whatever you may have available with lots of air flow) beside the case about 12 inches away blowing cool air into the case. Now play your games, If the computer no longer shuts down mid-game you know the solution needed, a better CPU cooler. Hope this helps. 🙂

elesde
Level 10
PC turning off under heavy load and the time it takes to be able to boot again sounds like an overheating problem to me as well.

Testing without side panel and some extra airflow first is a great idea imo. That R9 280x Tri-X OC puts some serious heat load in the case, added to that the FX 8350. What I also noticed on the M5A97 EVO R2.0 is that the northbridge directly over the first PCIe slot gets extremely hot especially with a powerful GPU installed.

Just out of curiosity on what frequency do you run the memory at?
Also are the CPU / GPU overclocked at all?
What kind of case are you using with how many fans?

Hello, my gpu and cpu arent overclocked and the case is xpredator x1 with 2 fans.

Ntwlf
Level 12
From this review http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2012/10/05/aerocool-x-predator-x1-review/1 and spec's of this case, it supports up to (9) fans, but only comes with (2). The review of the case has ranked it performing poorly in stock configuration (cooling the components within). Most if not all cases, comes with a minimum amount of fans (usually inadequate in quantity that is). So again, if my previous suggestion has improvement in your situation, consider adding more fans at the least.
Oh, and one last note . . . that is a nice looking case, whether it's white or black. 🙂