cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G-sync options suddenly gone on ROG SWIFT

Trixiboy
Level 7
When I leave my ROG SWIFT powered off for a while, I won't come instantly on (which it's supposed to do, right?). In addition, the
screen flickers and flashes for a second before becoming "stable" again. Right after I've powered it on, in most cases it somehow can't see that it has a G-sync module anymore. All the G-sync options in the control panel (nvidia) are gone... To fix it, I have to either restart the pc or
reconnect my displayport (which I'm REALLY tired of doing...), as powering the screen on and off doesn't do the trick. In a few cases
however, I get a pop-up from the control panel (for a split second) that a G-sync monitor has been connected and works as before... Is this normal?

Would really appreciate some feedback from you guys 🙂
10 REPLIES 10

Oleduden
Level 7
Do you put your computer in sleepmode? Also, what driver version are you using?

Trixiboy
Level 7
Nah, I never put my computer into sleepmode and i'm on the latest drivers 350.12 (GTA 5 drivers)

leem74
Level 7
I get the same problem except i just disabled and re-enable my video card in device manager. Have been meaning to warranty job the monitor just can't be bothered. so annoying!

Thanks for sharing 🙂 I'm glad that i'm not the only one having this stupid problem. Ah, haven't thought of disabling and re-enabling my video card, but still incredibly annoying...I would appreciate a direct answer/response from Asus if this is a known issue and if I should send it in for a replacement 🙂

Trixiboy
Level 7
Seriously, still getting this stupid bug... The times the "g-sync" options are gone (and while the LED is just glowing white), the screen powers on immediately into desktop! But the times G-sync works, the screen takes some time before "picking up the feed" (remaining black for a while) from the graphics card. I really want this problem to go away 😞

Trixiboy wrote:
Seriously, still getting this stupid bug... The times the "g-sync" options are gone (and while the LED is just glowing white), the screen powers on immediately into desktop! But the times G-sync works, the screen takes some time before "picking up the feed" (remaining black for a while) from the graphics card. I really want this problem to go away 😞

Try a new DisplayPort cable, maybe?

Trixiboy
Level 7
I've tried multiple displayport cables, even bought so-called "high end" cables (which i'm using now). In addition, I've tried different graphics cards 😞

Trixiboy wrote:
I've tried multiple displayport cables, even bought so-called "high end" cables (which i'm using now). In addition, I've tried different graphics cards 😞

It's got to be bad. Get Asus to cross-ship you a good one.

Volt
Level 9
Could it be the connector for your video card?

I have an older TV. One of the HDMI connectors on the back is starting to have issues. It feels a little loose, when I plug in a HDMI cable to it. There are some slight issues that have slowly progressed over time as to be getting worse. Some of the HBO channels will go off, with the TV saying it's lost the signal. I had a technician from the cable company come out and test out a new box, and a new cable, but still the same issue. He suggested that the HDMI port on back was starting to go bad. In the form of it getting loose, or possible the connectors (the pins) were starting to get bent.

So I stopped using that particualr HDMI connector on the TV for cable, and now use it for a PS4. And sometimes the audio on the PS4 will slightly "pop" as if the signal for audio is being interrupted ever so slightly. Unplugging and plugging the HDMI cable back in seems to work for a while. But when I get home and play some PS4, I anticipate getting the "poping" noises and having to reseat the cable again. It's annoying. If I wasn't planning on replacing the TV, I'd go about getting the connector repaired.

With the ROG, it uses a DP connector and cable. Not a HDMI. So I'm not sure how my above example directly compares. But it might be something to check out before sending the SWIFT off.