cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus v Extreme Driver install sequence

mouse_amp_key
Level 7
Hello
Just built a nice machine and have an unused Maximus v Extreme motherboard in its box 🙂 ( I never got around to installing it)
Good intentions ... but too much work to do it up til now !!

I have the original disk with my Maximus v Extreme but there are newer versions of AI Suite and all of the drivers on the site ...

I have a few problems deciding what to do first 😞 hope you can help me ...

If I download all the things I need separately , Wifigo! Bluetooth , etc etc ... and install them , well .... doesn't the AI suite actually contain all the software anyway , or what ? ... I admit to being a bit lost . Or wondered if I should just use the disk ..
Hope you can understand what I am trying to figure out here ... sorry and many many thanks .
46 REPLIES 46

Nate152
Hello mouse&key and welcome

Install the LAN driver from your motherboard disk then go here to download other drivers you need.

http://support.asus.com/download/options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1

Install the chipset driver first and the IME driver second, usb driver third and asmedia driver if you need/want it, then install anything else you want.

Nate152 wrote:

Install the LAN driver from your motherboard disk then go here to download other drivers you need.

Install the chipset driver first and the IME driver second, usb driver third and asmedia driver if you need/want it, then install anything else you want.

Thanks for the reply Nate152
I know to install the LAN and chipset first ...
I have downloaded all the drivers etc , just wondered if I install AI suite if I need any of the things like WifiGo! Engine etc .. or whether they are part of the suite and pre installed in it ? Or is AI Suite just a shell for the extras ?
Thanks

Nate152 wrote:

Hi Nate152

Do I really need to install the NVM update utility before installing the LAN driver if I am using Windows 7 , or should I install it anyway using command prompt ?
I usually end it with the -nosilent so I can see what its doing ...

Also as my Corsair 750D case has 3 pin case fans , can the Maximus V Extreme control the speed without fan xpert ?

Thanks for any help .

Nate152
I used ai suite maybe for a week when I first built my pc a little over 2 years ago then I uninstalled it but...

When you install ai suite you should get options on what to install with it, install the entire package including wifi engine and wifi go. Restart your pc and you should be good to go.

Nate152 wrote:
I used ai suite maybe for a week when I first built my pc a little over 2 years ago then I uninstalled it but...

When you install ai suite you should get options on what to install with it, install the entire package including wifi engine and wifi go. Restart your pc and you should be good to go.

Thanks again 🙂

Any reason you uninstalled AI suite ? without it I don't think you can run Wifigo! or Fan Expert ...

If I could have fan expert and wifigo! without AI suite I wouldn't install it at all ...

Nate152
The main reason I uninstalled ai suite was due to the cpu temp reading. AI suite doesn't give the core temp it more or less gives the socket temp. I don't use wireless and I have 4 fans connected to my psu so I don't see the need for ai suite.

Did you get your wireless and bluetooth working?

Spathi
Level 9
AI suite installs legacy drivers, better off with the bios fan control and good fans.

All on low in the bios the Enermax TB.Silence Batwing is the best PWM fan I found (I bought about 10 different "good" pwm fan brands to find that out... lol).
Many fans just run too fast, noisy or weird.

mouse_amp_key
Level 7
Thank you everyone ..
OK .. If I resist temptation to install ai suite , can I still install the wifi driver ? Or does it require ai suite ? The mpcie combo card wifi is important to me for printing etc .. or do I just need " The Wifi Driver and Bluetooth driver" ?

I see Wifigo! , Wifi Engine , and Wifi driver listed , which one is essential ? Its so confusing !

If I can get wifi and install the necessary driver outside ai suite , I will live without fan x pert etc .
So what is " stand alone " on this board , and what definitely requires ai suite ?
I just want the necessary and not the bloat .

Thank you

Nate152
You don't need ai suite for wifi and bluetooth, those drivers are listed when you type your motherboard in the link I sent you.

If you want to use fan xpert you will have to install ai suite.