cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Question!!! -- Do all versions of the g75VW use the same BIOs?

spyro11
Level 7
I need to know if all versions of the G75VW laptop use the same BIOS or if there are differences between them! Mine is the
cheap Best Buy version of the laptop.

I am about to flash modded BIOs (the warranty is LONG SINCE voided anyway) so I can further overclock the video card.

I have extra cooling on this laptop with two extra fans on the bottom blowing through it with the bottom open, and temperatures stay
QUITE cool, VERY low, even with the +135 overclock, and I KNOW it can handle a LOT more (probably from 1000mhz up to 1.25 or 1.3Ghz
safely.

the thing is I NEED to know if all the models use the same BIOs or if there are differences.

I have the Best Buy (cheap, DVDRW only) Model with windows 7 home, upgraded the ram to 12GB

if I flash it with the new modded BIOS and it doesnt use the same BIOS as the version from which the mod was taken and there are
differences I may be screwed and brick it, and I dont want that. if they all use the same BIOs It shouldnt be much of an issue.

thank you guys SO much!
2 REPLIES 2

Clintlgm
Level 14
Asus Support Downloads I don't see any differences Asus G75VW 207, 210,221,222,223. Look for yourself.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

spyro11
Level 7
ok sweet. I guess I'll risk flashing the BIOS then.

I know if all works well and the thing doesnt brick, theres a TON more performance I can get out of this baby.

it may be old now, and beat up on the outside, but as long as its running its still not a bad laptop for gaming even by current standards.

I do know the version with the 670 is different, in terms of vBios because the video card is different, but thats not an issue for me, since
I know the 660 can be overclocked with the mod bios. only some versions of the 670 can be modded though