cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4790k stock voltage 1.3v!

TomNFFC
Level 7
Hi is it normal for the 4790k to be running at 1.3v while its stock. Running in an asus hero vii. Please help
17 REPLIES 17

Nate152
Hello TomNFFC

Your 4790k does get overvolted at stock settings, try setting the cpu core voltage to 1.20v and work it down .01v until it's unstable then bring it back up .01v

Retired
Not applicable
Cheers mate I'll have a try

Nate152
Post your results of the voltage you ended up with for your 4790k at stock settings if you like.

TomNFFC
Level 7
Is there anyway I can use the 1.3 volts as an overclock, I'm not experienced with overclocking as you can tell. Lol.

TomNFFC
Level 7
Also sorry for the changing of accounts tapatalk used a different account when I replied for some reason

Nate152
Yes you can set the ai overclock tuner to manual, sync all cores and set the cpu core ratio to46 and scroll down and enter 1.30v in the cpu core voltage override. F10 and Enter to save and exit.

Download rog realbench for stress testing and real temp 3.70 for cpu temp monitoring.

http://rog.asus.com/rog-pro/realbench-v2-leaderboard/

Open up real temp and realbench click on stress test, turn it white and select how many GB of ram you have, the 15 minute test is fine.

Click start and monitor your temps if the temp goes over 90c stop the test.

If you pass the test go back into the bios and just raise the cpu core ratio to 47 and test again if you pass try 48.

Post your temps please.

Retired
Not applicable
Where is cpu core ratio?

Retired
Not applicable
It's alright I figured it out lol, so far managed to lower the temps at full load by 10 degrees just about to attempt 1.18v. Thanks for you help my chip has been running hot far ages now and I've finally got it down!

Retired
Not applicable
1.12v was the lowest I could get stable, very happy with that, max temperatures dropped from 74 to 53 degrees, your an absolute legend!