cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kingston 480GB HyperX 3K SSD SATA III 2.5'' SH103S3/480G

DEFTLER
Level 7
Greetings my dears readers:
This is my first post, so be nice with me..!

I have an ASUS ROG G750-JZ and I need to upgrade my HDD (1.5 TB) with a SSD.
I chose a Kingston 480GB HyperX 3K SSD SATA III 2.5'' SH103S3/480G,
So, Has anyone do this before?, I mean, I 'm worried about compatibility issues. :confused: 🙂

Any advice will be welcome it.

Thank you very much..! 😄

DEFTLER.
9 REPLIES 9

code9523
Level 9
I put Kingston hyperx fury in to my g750jh with absolutely no issues.
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH

Thanx a lot Code9523..! I have a second option, Kingston 480GB SSDNow V300 SATA III 2.5''
The first HyperX SSD is more thick than the second SSDNow, 9.5 mm vs 7.0 mm
Could it be a problem in my Asus ROG G750JZ..??

See ya..!

DEFTLER wrote:
Thanx a lot Code9523..! I have a second option, Kingston 480GB SSDNow V300 SATA III 2.5''
The first HyperX SSD is more thick than the second SSDNow, 9.5 mm vs 7.0 mm
Could it be a problem in my Asus ROG G750JZ..??

See ya..!

Why not go for a samsung 850, better performance then the kingston imo. i had a 120gb version of the hyperx 3k and it broke on me. got a new one without issues but still..

DEFTLER
Level 7
Hi Wulff,

It could be a possible option, but in Mexico is to hard to get a Samsung SSD for a right price. So Kingston control the market in Latin America.

Thanx a lot for your comment.

Maxter
Level 9
the G750/751 series can fit bot sizes of SSD, so no worries. I went for the Crucial MX100 (it has RAIN technology for data protection, which the EVO 850 doesn't have - I deal with some sensitive data so I went with a bit slower and higher reliability).

DEFTLER
Level 7
Hello Maxter, Which one did you choose??

I found this options in Crucial's site:
Crucial BX100 1 TB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal SSD (CT1000BX100SSD1) or Crucial BX100 500GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal SSD [/URL]
CT500BX100SSD1

I'd never hear about Crucial SSD brand, So tell me more about your experience with this SSD.

ThanK you for your comment.

DEFTLER

DEFTLER wrote:
Hello Maxter, Which one did you choose??

I found this options in Crucial's site:
Crucial BX100 1 TB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal SSD (CT1000BX100SSD1) or Crucial BX100 500GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal SSD [/URL]
CT500BX100SSD1

I'd never hear about Crucial SSD brand, So tell me more about your experience with this SSD.

ThanK you for your comment.

DEFTLER

I would look for the MX series instead of the BX series. The controller on the MX series is solid. The BX series has a faster controller but it's more like the samsung ones (a bit less reliable), that's why BX is cheaper. Between the options you are looking at, it all depends on how much space you need. I bought the 256GB and put that on Bay 0, and moved my original HDD (1TB) into Bay 1 for game installations. Crucial is a very big brand on RAM memory. A few years ago they have been developing SSD's, which have been making good news because of the reliability and price they offer. I definitely trust crucial more than kingston as a brand. Here, read this information about MX and BX series for Crucial SSDs (http://www.custompcguide.net/the-differences-between-crucial-mx100-vs-m500-and-m550-ssd/).
BTW, I've had this SSD for over a year and it's been flawless. Another factor to keep into consideration is MLC vs TLC (here's some info about it - http://www.micron.com/products/nand-flash/tlc-mlc-and-slc-devices). This is the reason I went away from Samsung (they also make great SSDs, but it all depends on what you need)

benderbruno
Level 7
Hi there,
I'm using an 850 EVO 500gb from Samsung, so far it's 100%! Worth every penny.
The Samsung has the RAPID feature, which gives an boost (I felt it...). And also on the Magician Software there are some Security features, and optimization focusing on Performance, Reliability or Capacity.
But to make it work( to install it) I had to open my notebook, put the SSD on the HD slot and the HD on the empty slot. Then, the W8.1 didn't recognize my SSD, so I've changed in the BIOS the interface from IDE to ATA( or the other way around, not sure since it was like 3 months ago), and then Update and Recovery- Recovery- Remove everything and reinstall Windows.
That did the trick, and Windows installed itself to my SSD automatically after that.

DEFTLER
Level 7
Hi Maxter,
You are a great ROG GURU.. Thank you very, very much for the advice and info..!
I learned more about SSD and a diferent options about it..!

Thanx a lot again...!

DEFTLER