cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CROSSHAIR IV FORMULA - Boot Problem

SPD1608
Level 7
Every so often i have booting issues with the CROSSHAIR IV FORMULA , it will not boot screen just black i have to reset the power several time before it would either boot or revert the bios back to stock.

What could be causing this issue ?
2 REPLIES 2

TheNerdBench
Level 10
Welcome to the ASUS ROG Forum,

About the comment of "rever the bios back to stock" I will assume that you are OCing? If that is the case let's leave the default settings until your system is stable again 🙂

First I would start by removing all external USB devices except the keyboard and mouse. If you are still having issues try removing the keyboard and mouse.

Secondly I would remove any expansion card of course except the video card

Thirdly I would remove the power and data cables from your storage devices

If you are still having problems I would try using another PSU if that is an option.

Also could you please post your system specs too if you are still having problems?

Keep us posted on your progress please or what the final problem was/is.

Good luck!

[/HR]
For trouble-shooting tips see my blog at:

[/HR]
http://thenerdbench.blogspot.com/p/bench-testing.html

[/HR]
MB: Crosshair V Formula-Z • CPU: FX-8350 • GPU: Asus Matrix R9 280x • RAM: 8GB of Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer (1866)• PSU: Thermaltake DPS Thoughpower 750 Watt • CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio Advanced • Keyboard: TT Sports Challanger Ultimate • Mouse: TT Sports Black Element • Case: Thermaltake GT Level 10

[/HR]

Hello

I have a Crosshair IV formula ROG with Phenom II X6 1055T. Problem is that sometimes when booting the screen in DVI port doesn't start. This happens sometimes 5 times in a row, sometimes it works like a charm for a month. At the same time monitor from the same graphics adapter with display port connection works all the time.

The first monitor I've had for 5(?) years with this problem, the second has been simultaneously in use for around 2 years. Getting the second monitor next to the first one didnt change anything.

I recently upgraded memory - no change.

Also i added a SSD drive in addition to the old HDD with no change.

I was thinking of updating BIOS just in case - but didnt find any how-to for windows 8, neither does it seem to support asus update app.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Ossi