cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notebook forum at: support.asus.com?

MatG
Level 9
Is it me or is there no support forum for notebook owners at support.asus.com?

Or is this forum the place to go when you need support for asus notebooks?
30 REPLIES 30

BrodyBoy
Level 10
I could be wrong, but my impression is that it's a user forum and has no more professional help than this one does.

Boosted_R
Level 8
this forum does have paid ASUS staff moderating this forum. So I would assume this is an offical ASUS forum.
GL702VSK / GTX 1070 / M.2 960 EVO

HTPC MINI-ITX / FRACTAL CORE 500 / GIGABYTE GA-AB350N / GTX 1050 Ti Windforce OC 4G / RYZEN 5 1600 3.9GHz / M.2 960 EVO / G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 3200MHz
OLD
ASUS G74SX-XC1 / INTEL 7260 AC / Samsung 850 PRO / TUNIQ TX-4 / BIOS 203 / 335.23

They both have "official" folks that weigh in occasionally, and both are sponsored by Asus, but I wouldn't call either one an actual Asus support service. 99% of the help just comes from other users.

JRd1st
Level 12
This forum needs better moderation. The spammers are getting rampant.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

This forum is indispensable, no doubt about that!

But when i visit support.asus.com -as i would think many others do- then i click on "community" and i see some forums like: Announcements, Audio Cards, Graphic Card, LCD Monitors and etc.. But not any Notebook forum?
The odd thing is that if i do a search on google, i get some hits that shows some links that says something like: vip.asus.com › Forum › Notebook › ..but you can't find it manually

Boosted_R wrote:
this forum does have paid ASUS staff moderating this forum. So I would assume this is an offical ASUS forum.

Yes, this is an official forum but it is a user-to-user forum. That's a distinction that a lot of people don't understand. This forum is not meant to replace any other form of support (however good or bad that may be). The staff that visit this forum are primarily assigned to other duties. Any support that they provide is during any free time they might have. Most of biggest posters here are customers like you an me.

JRd1st wrote:
This forum needs better moderation. The spammers are getting rampant.

The staff is aware of the problem. The issue is that ASUS wants to keep this as open and easy for new (legitimate) people as possible. That makes it easier for spammers. 😛 Plus it was a holiday weekend so I think a lot of the moderators (including myself) were otherwise occupied with friends and family.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

JRd1st
Level 12
Vip my ass. Nothing is less important at Asus than post-sale customer support. They make a big show, but when it comes to delivering support you get horror stories from their RMA victims.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

now jr, you should try to open up, and express your feelings. holding back isn't healthy. don't be too shy to tell us how you feel.
CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME - 65-inch UHD 4k SAMSUNG Q8FN - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - NZXT Kraken X72 - 10 SIRIUS LOOP/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 64GB GSkill TRIDENTZ NEO 3600Mhz DDR4 - 3X XPG GAMMIX S70 2TB NVMe SSD'S- 2X CORSAIR FORCE MP600 NVMe SSD'S - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech wireless KRAFT advanced keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 11

JRd1st wrote:
Vip my ass. Nothing is less important at Asus than post-sale customer support. They make a big show, but when it comes to delivering support you get horror stories from their RMA victims.

Damn..i have always been a proud asus consumer, but after i realized they don't care about keeping up a good support, i must say that the result is that i don't think i'll buy asus product again.

Support is one of the thing i value alot when spend my hard earned money. I'm impressed that a big company like asus don't know that without support, you are nothing.