cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus website forum

Retired
Not applicable
Seeing that the asus website forum for laptops has been down since july of 2010 I thought I would start posting here as this is a asus ROG site and I have asked on the http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/ for others to post here as well.

Thank you for responding Brian@ASUS it is nice to know that this will be the replacement forum for support issues.
10 REPLIES 10

xeromist
We're the cool kids so you want to be here anyway. 🙂
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Chastity
Level 10
NBR is the Unofficial Asus Support Forum 🙂
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

jeprira
Level 7
Yup! there are a *lot* more people on NBR than here... and that means a lot more expertise as well

Retired
Not applicable
jeprira wrote:
Yup! there are a *lot* more people on NBR than here... and that means a lot more expertise as well

And that forum is completely unmoderated for content with no-one that cares to stomp the stupidity of ignorance out and force the noobs to read the stickies instead of continuously posting more and more noise.

I understand Gary Key wants to help the G73 community, but to do it via NBR is a huge PITA I am sure just based on the volume of ignorant duplicitous posts by, what looks like, an entire community of 15-17 year olds. Those of us adults that are on there can see why it is damn near impossible to use that forum to actually attempt to "fix" an issue.

NBR is fine to go and hack away at your system if that is what you choose to do, but there are some of us that just want our laptops to operate properly first and foremost. Hopefully this frum will be kept on-topic with no-where near the amount of noise that NBR gets. Hopefully the mods here will actually moderate the ignorance to a liveable and productive level. Honestly, the biggest thing that would make a difference here is that you have actual Asus support people that can answer peoples questions with the *RIGHT* answer, versus a place like NBR that has a bunch of ignorant teenagers posting in damn near every single post with misinformation and outright wrong answers to peoples problems. And it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but when they are trying to "help" people with a problem that has already been determined to be FULLY in Asus' court to fix as it is a flaw in a number of peoples systems (ie, the keyboard missing keystrokes/touchpad freakout issues), it doesn't help to add more and more noise about how a few feel that it is user error, or because they don't have the problem themselves they only want upgrades for Powerplay modes or other items. Fact of the matter, if you can't add anything constructive, stay the hell out of the post. If the question posed, is, in-fact, user-error, then pointing that out is fine, but to say because you don't have teh problem no-one does is ludicrous.

If people on NBR had proper ettiquite towards posting and would keep things on-topic with a reduction of constant noise, as well as a moderation staff that cared about anything other than the sheer amount of traffic they get for making money, it wouldn't be such a bad place. But NBR is ALL about advertising dollars and making money, thus the mods really don't care about the subject matters being discussed, thus as long as they keep the amount of traffic to the forum high with a lot of new registrations, they are making bucks and could care less. They ACTIVELY moderate to keep users from using peer-pressure to motivate others to post in a proper manner. Society and life shows that you need a social-system of peer-pressure to help mold many in regards to social interaction and ettiquite. If someone keeps posting like a 15 year old, to call them out and ask if they are, in fact, 15 years old is a attack in what manner? If that query causes them to be outed as, in fact, a 15 year old, then the rest will know how to deal with immature and temper-tantrum spam-like posts from that individual. In return that individual will learn that he posts like that, he will get that reaction and he is motivated to improve the way he posts.

Only since forums have become big business with the owners/mods looking towards profits has this whole "warm-fuzzy" forum policy stuff become gestapo-like in trying to keep traffic high and allows for more and more stupidity to run rampant.

Retired
Not applicable
Just thought I would start posting here as well since I see that Brian@asus has been posting on here for people.

Retired
Not applicable
hey guys, yes NBR is the "unnoficial" and we hope to make asusrog the official rog forum. we just officially launched about 2 months ago, still a lot of bugs to work out but we need your help, everyone's help to make this the official ROG community. i will do my best to get around to all the products and we are working to see how we can get more support here soon.

Chastity
Level 10
Well, I think things won't be as bad here as Topcat57 is. 🙂 Just some common courtesy and sense would go a long way to making a forum a happy one.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

I agree.
Actually, my first wish is that the PC would work as advertised out of the box. Which means the forum topics would be around "how to mod", or "how to upgrade" etc. and less about how to get it to be like it should be.

Asus should provide a support forum.

However, under the current situation, as sad as it might be, NBR is the place to get (find, sift) answers.

It can change quickly. It could be here, it could be in a new and improved Asus forum on their support site... but for now...

Retired
Not applicable
thanks guys, we are working to get more support here and hoping to get answers to the questions that are being asked. it may not be the minute after, but we'll try our best to get the answers needed. do note that asus rog is catering to the entire line up of ROG products, notebooks, motherboards, vga, etc. we are also a growing team and growing community, so please do your part in molding this into the right community and we'll do our best to support you guys in what we can.