cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD 7xxx series to be released this month, will there be an ROG AMD 7000?

dgehring13
Level 7
Everything I am reading seems like the AMD 7xxx Series is suppose to released sometime this month, does anyone know if there is an ROG card in the making for the 7xxx series? I am planning a build with the Crosshair V Formula/Thunderbolt and FX 8150 and would like to fill it out with 2 ROG 7xxx series cards. So any information would be helpful and appreciated.
11 REPLIES 11

xeromist
I don't know the answer but I wanted to make sure that your posts don't go completely unacknowledged. We don't really get any more information on unreleased products than anywhere else on the Internet. The best we can hope for is a cryptic "something good is coming" type of comment. But rest assured, when ASUS is ready to talk about any new products they will announce it to the world.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I don't know the answer but I wanted to make sure that your posts don't go completely unacknowledged. We don't really get any more information on unreleased products than anywhere else on the Internet. The best we can hope for is a cryptic "something good is coming" type of comment. But rest assured, when ASUS is ready to talk about any new products they will announce it to the world.

Too bad they would not let ASUS and AMD product owners know a little something first.
ASUS CrossHair V Formula, CPU: FX-8370 Black Unlocked Edition, CPU Cooler: ENERMAX LiquidTech 120x 44MM, Win7 Pro 64 bit, PSU: SilverStone SST-ST1000P, GPU: Asus GTX980-4GD5, Storage: Samsung SSD 840EVO 500GB, WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1T x2, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 1866 4x4GB, ASUS VE258 LED Monitor, ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray Writer, RoseWell 25 in1 Card Reader, InWin BUC Case, TP Link Wireless N600 Modem/Router, SteelSeries KUH0702 keyboard or Longitech Wireless

mrnotu wrote:
Too bad they would not let ASUS and AMD product owners know a little something first.

True, although it seems to be fairly standard practice industry wide(not just AMD and ASUS). That's not to say that it's right or wrong, but it's not unexpected.

To throw about some wild speculation, I wonder if they sometimes don't know themselves if or when a card will come out because they're not really sure what chip yields and or contracts will bring. I wonder if they might even sometimes design a card/board and basically have it ready for production and then cancel it when conditions aren't favorable.

Anyway, to bring it back to the original question, I have no doubt there will be an ROG card for the 7XXX series eventually because it would be stupid not to. It's just a question of when.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

dgehring13
Level 7
Thank you much for the response

IndIa_RaMpAgEr_
Level 7
Next Year IF u believe Google 🙂

Really hope there will be a 7000 series ROG card.
Also i would like to see it with a back plate, like the 570 matrix.
Aesthetics is very important, as is the performance.
Think i may keep saving, & hold off upgrading until one is released.
Crosshair Formula v.
AMD 1090T

HiVizMan
Level 40
There will be a ROG 7 series graphic card I am sure. How it normally works is that the manufactures - the Red and Green team - send out the reference cards into the market first, initial release, these cards are all basically the same card with vendor specific branding and BIOS. Once that release has been completed then only do the partners have an opportunity to produce their own designs.

As soon as there is any news even unconfirmed rumours 😄 I will try and ensure that our forum get the scoop.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Many thanks, for the quick reply.
Crosshair Formula v.
AMD 1090T

Spoony
Level 8
WE WANT AN ARES 2 😄

well i do anyway i had the 5870x2 asus ares and it was bangin till a gpu went pop and i never got it back and still miss it to this day 😞

only have the mouse and case n box it came in left 😞 "sigh" wish i could get another