cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GPU Tweak II 1..0.3.0 - Restarting on exit

ThePatcher
Level 7
Hi,

almost every time I close/exit the application there is a Windows dialog saying "GPU TweakII ..." is restarting,
but the application is closed.

Anyone having a similar problem?

It is a clean install, I removed the previous version and rebooted before installing the new version.
But this is the first time I'm using GUP Tweak II.

Windows 8.1 Pro, 64-bit, with all current updates, Asus Strix GTX970.
17 REPLIES 17

danone77
Level 7
Hi,
yes i had this too,but i have autostart when log in windows enabled,because of this!
You too?
Some times its closing some times restarting,when closing!
I dont close it before shutdown,and all is fine...

ThePatcher
Level 7
No, I don't use autostart for GPUTweak - I start and close it manually.

ThePatcher wrote:
No, I don't use autostart for GPUTweak - I start and close it manually.

ok,when i dont autostart,some times i have this problem,too,not always but sometimes,i think its better for some times restarting when closing,than gpu tweak1 never starts,when closing/shutdown..(maybe an update fix this bug)

Mentas
Level 7
have a 980 strix, nothing works on Asus GPU Tweak II try to make a profile and will not save on, nothing works just reverts back to normal or what ever...

Mentas wrote:
have a 980 strix, nothing works on Asus GPU Tweak II try to make a profile and will not save on, nothing works just reverts back to normal or what ever...

hi,yes unfortunately,i also switched to afterburner again(not one problem )after some testing overclocking,wait for next update...i think when fresh installed and dont touch(only 3 standart profiles,then works great,but when making user profiles and switching profiles the software breaks( installed 6 times,deleted all folders(programm/appdata/restart)before new install..
some times i switched from oc to gaming(standart profiles),its showing on gaming 100% some times 101% (no big problem),but after i switched one time yesterday ,its showing on gaming +12 % mv gpu voltage?? nope no way...and the user profiles also unstable ,make one ,like the standart gaming profile (only gpu fan profile higher),after some gaming switcht too silence,after 15min in idle switched to user profile 1 and under gpu voltage now +22%....

Mentas
Level 7
this should have not been released to the public in this ALFA state, dam ASUS sometimes i think you slipping 😞

Mentas wrote:
this should have not been released to the public in this ALFA state, dam ASUS sometimes i think you slipping 😞

ahh,i dont think so,today its normal to release betas (see gaming),its no alpha,some ppl(no nvidia card) have no problems(or only some)and when asus patch the bugs so quickly like gputweak 2 release/1024/1030,before make new futures,its ok for me.
i think asus make incredible hardware (RoG),but software from asus some times a little bugy(not all!)
fanboy 😉 ??
wait for next update ,and give it a try

Unvursed
Level 7
I'm having this problem too, as well as the inability to get 'overclocking range enhancement' to even apply.

DeathtoGnomes
Level 9
I dont mind programs changing and getting UI updates, what I do mind is what is sacrificed just for those modifications, function is
always sacrificed. I dont know whats worse GPUT v1 or v2, this new one. Its like flipping a coin to decide to use the one with the
lesser of two evils. The new UI is flat (like flat wall paint no texture), mkaes it hard to read or discern a place to click and drag, not
all text fits in the window, the settings and adjustments are less friendly than the prior version.

The monitor portion still has issues, I'd say stop making it separate, since it keeps closing without notice. Still, for programs such as this
I prefer one interface with tabs. I also prefer a right click menu when minimized, but we cant have it all, well, as long as we want "pretty".

Just stop trying to make it pretty, make the damn thing work right first mmk? If you want pretty, go play with a Barbie doll.
SpeedFan controls fans and temps, once you learn how to configure it properly. :cool: