cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JX Repaste third time. ;d

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Just done a third repaste for my G750JX.

Been one and a half years since I bought it. I repaste every time when I reach 83-85*C on the CPU and report what I've done here. ;3

Paste: MX-4 ;d

So far so good, just reassembled 5 mins ago.. things looking much better.

Will post highest recorded temp accumulated through the week. :3

Kisses to my hmscott, missing you. ❤️
28 REPLIES 28

navis995
Level 11
Why are you repasting so often? That's a waste of paste.
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

Darnassus
Status Under Review
navis995 wrote:
Why are you repasting so often? That's a waste of paste.

............ because I hear many talking about having higher than desirable heat, so I am doing the forums a voluntary experiment and sharing my experiences. Also, I do not like heat.

Lots of your posts on the forums seem cynical. :c That's a waste of paste I mean space. ;x

Paste is $5. Who doesn't have $5? I wipe with $5. ~m4strch33f

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Done three boot ups, all below 55*C. Latest was 53*C.
Before the repaste was 60*C+ and above.

Will post a difference in a week, and then a month! ;3

Wulff
Level 9
im a bit the same darnassus 🙂 when i see higher temps then i used to see im also tempted to repaste 🙂 although last paste job i did seems great. i also tried the gpu not that long ago and used k5-pro on the memory chips etc. also great . so i hope i can manage for a while again. started saving money already for a new laptop next year. hopefully it will last till then cause that gpu card was not a lot of fun to paste with that k5-pro haha. feels like chewing gum when applied. but it sure as hell does do the job

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Wulff wrote:
im a bit the same darnassus 🙂 when i see higher temps then i used to see im also tempted to repaste 🙂 although last paste job i did seems great. i also tried the gpu not that long ago and used k5-pro on the memory chips etc. also great . so i hope i can manage for a while again. started saving money already for a new laptop next year. hopefully it will last till then cause that gpu card was not a lot of fun to paste with that k5-pro haha. feels like chewing gum when applied. but it sure as hell does do the job

Yeah I'm using K5 too, I forgot to mention, in this experiment, I recycled my K5 by putting it into a plastic bag, putting it in kettle water and rubbing it in circles to bind it all together back into a smooth paste and reapplied it.

Sadly I can't really gauge the temps properly other than using my laser, but so far it's looking rather good.

The chips other than the die don't really seem to get that hot as far as I'm aware.. the very first time I pulled the sink off, nothing was dry save for the paste on the die itself. I guess it's just anything to make sure it DOESN'T get hot.. even though it doesn't seem to in the first place naturally.

.. also yes, it is... incredibly a b!tch to spread. >x3

*Hug* Mr Wulff missed you. ;d

Darnassus
Status Under Review
First startup this morning, CPU 48, GPU 38. ;d

Darnassus wrote:
First startup this morning, CPU 48, GPU 38. ;d

What is a temp in your room? 48C on cpu at startup is a little bit hot?! I'm sitting now with 22c in my room and cpu don't go higher than 43C while reading this forum))
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH

Darnassus
Status Under Review
code9523 wrote:
What is a temp in your room? 48C on cpu at startup is a little bit hot?! I'm sitting now with 22c in my room and cpu don't go higher than 43C while reading this forum))

What compy you use? Because I'm on a G750JX and the ambient temp is around 20-22*C.

CPU temps go high during boot due to shoddy written BIOS codes, putting CPU into full fledge to chew through all the garbage.

It's so bad I refuse to flash to 209 because I hear horror about it. So I sit on 208. ;d

Darnassus wrote:
What compy you use? Because I'm on a G750JX and the ambient temp is around 20-22*C.

CPU temps go high during boot due to shoddy written BIOS codes, putting CPU into full fledge to chew through all the garbage.

It's so bad I refuse to flash to 209 because I hear horror about it. So I sit on 208. ;d

I'm talking about JX)) 209 is fine no problems for 10 month also you can always downgrade to 208 with nodate command.
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH