cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X99-A Win7 cannot resume after sleep mode

Casper_Nguyen
Level 7
Problem Statement: My computer cannot resume from sleep mode. The monitor does not show anything. All hardware perform normal without any weird sound/noise. Power light of monitor keeps blinking. I fully updated windows and drivers with latest version of the whole PC.

PC Specification
Motherboard: Asus X99-A
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-5820K Processor (15M Cache, up to 3.60 GHz)
Memory: Corsair DDR4 16GB (2666) CMK16GX4M4A2666C16 Ven LPX (4x4GB)
Graphics Card: Asus 2GB Strix GTX750TI-OC-2GD5
Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro
Storage: Intel® ssd 535 series (240gb, 2.5in sata 6gb/s, 16nm, mlc)
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60 2013 Water Cooler
Case: Cooler Master CM 690 III
Power Supply: Cooler Master GM750
Headset/Speakers: Edifier 5.1 X750
Accessory: Voltage Stabilizer ROBOT 1KVA
7 REPLIES 7

Casper_Nguyen
Level 7
Sorry, I'm seeking for help !

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Sleep issues are most always related to corrupt operating system files or memory instability.

Korth
Level 14
Or from misconfigured APCI settings in the BIOS ...
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Thanks for your response !
Praz wrote:
Hello

Sleep issues are most always related to corrupt operating system files or memory instability.

I re-installed the OS 2 times. If it's an memory problem, i would see it happen during gaming. Only my Intel® ssd 535 series does not belong to the Memory/Device Support as recommended from Asus. Is it considered a reason ?
Korth wrote:
Or from misconfigured APCI settings in the BIOS ...

Can you explain more detail ? I really appreciate your effort !

Korth
Level 14
Your BIOS settings are described in the Asus X99-A motherboard manual. Specifically, you should pay attention to settings which control memory, processor, and boot/sleep/wake states. Praz is correct, these (and many other) problems are very commonly caused by issues with DDR4 memory voltages/timings. I would advise using the Asus/factory default settings as a baseline, only tweaking what you need (and not overclocking or tweaking other any other settings) until your system is fully stable. You may happen to have a processor with a weak iMC (seemingly not uncommon for Haswell-E parts), in which case you might need to reluctantly increment your DRAM and/or VTDDR voltages a tiny bit to gain stability at faster XMP frequencies, sometimes necessary but best used as a last resort (because it increases heat output and deducts from the available thermal/power budget for the processor, of course, not a lot but it all adds up).

The Cooler Master G750M PSU advertises support for Haswell C6/C7 low-power states, but it isn't a truly "smart" digital PSU so you may need to manually enable C6/C7 states support in your BIOS settings (for the motherboard and for the processor). Or you can manually disable C6/C7 states in your BIOS settings, which would default to older and less energy-efficient low-power sleep states but guarantee proper compatibility (and sleep/restore functionality) with a wide range of ATX2.x-compliant PSUs.

And the basic troubleshooting stuff:
- ensure both the 24-pin EATXPWR and 8-pin EATX12V power inputs are connected
- make sure your CPU and RAM are properly seated (and hopefully don't have any bent/missing/dirty pins!)
- strip down to just the critical components (mobo, CPU, 1 DIMM, 1 GPU, boot drive, keyboard, mouse), get it booting/working, add/test another component, and repeat again and again until you've confirmed all your components are good and your system is fully built
- pay attention to the motherboard Q-Codes and any specific error codes you see (along with exactly what you were doing when they happened), if a particular error can be consistently reproduced then it can be identified and resolved
- don't overclock or add complexity until you've confirmed the simple things all work, don't run any of the Asus EZ autoconfiguration/overclocking software until you've found (and noted) fully stable and operational stock settings for your system, and don't change any BIOS settings you don't fully understand lol
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Casper_Nguyen
Level 7
Thanks for your response, Korth !
Let me double check everything. When the PC boot up the first time for me to install OS, I've already got this issue. All BIOS configurations are factory default. I'm aware that install/remove Dram & Graphics car can damage those pins so It's just the first time i plug them in. I did it with high carefulness.

Casper_Nguyen
Level 7
My issue has been resolved, thanks Korth !

The new BIOS v1801 has been released on 2015/06/26 so i did an update. The new BIOS also return my setting back to factory default, too