cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Formula/Gene/Impact/Hero

Natskyge
Level 7
So since the last time we got any news about more RoG motherboards for X99 was in 2014 i thourght i would ask again, are there any plans for more rampage motherboards?
10 REPLIES 10

Natskyge
Level 7
:(.

Korth
Level 14
I've seen very few X99 mobos which can do anything better than the R5E. And the things they can do better (faster native DDR4 support, more PCIe slots, etc) always introduce tradeoffs and compromises. How could Asus improve an X99 mobo which is already an overall winner in every way (except price, lol)?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Vlada011
Level 10
Where is board better than R5E...
I didn't saw such board... Maybe is X99 E WS better for more serious people who like boards similar as workstations...
I like their design more than some childish colorful blue, orange and green but I think R5E is best with best options and one big flaw.
USB 3.1. Imagine if someone need Sound Card, Intel 750 SSD, USB 3.1 Port Card...Impossible and everything to work on full speed.

Natskyge
Level 7
Ehh the motherboard models i listed are slightly Worse than the Extreme variant they would not have exsesive features like LN2, 5 pcie ports and a buttload of sata ports. Wich would Cut down cost with out comprises most people Care alot about.

samboy87
Level 9
Rampage V extreme is Asus Top of the line board with all features unlocked and available. the other boards are more basic ones to compare with RVE.

Asus RVE is the King of all X99 boards in my opinion. and Asus is really active with updating it and make it more stable with time. they even updated it to support NVM and higher ram speed! from 3300mhz to 5000mhz on board. and from 64gb of ram to 128gb! i mean thats what i call update! and support! and not to mention the motherboard quality! it's heavy! and really solid! this thing will easily hold up for years to come! 2x bios chips! well i can go on forever!

Once you go black ''Asus'':D you will never go back ''to another board'' 😄

Natskyge
Level 7
Sorry but what the **** are you people talking about, i was asking if ASUS would make more X99 ROG motherboards that dont have gimmicks like the Extreme has to be more accesibly to the masses

Natskyge wrote:
Sorry but what the **** are you people talking about, i was asking if ASUS would make more X99 ROG motherboards that dont have gimmicks like the Extreme has to be more accesibly to the masses

The X99 platform in itself is not meant for "the masses". I doubt that it would even make any sense from a business perspective.

And yet every other motherboard maker has a budget variant of Their X99 motherboard. Weird aye?