cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JT SSD not found in BIOS, replace?

MissyMiss
Level 7
My G751JT suddenly went into BIOS and can no longer find the main SSD (containing the OS). I really don't have time to send it into repair and it's tempting to replace it myself. Does anyone know which SSD could be a suitable replacement and if there are any special procedures/precautions I need to take?
2 REPLIES 2

Clintlgm
Level 14
Well that would depend, say if your SSD is a M.2 it would be quite expensive to replace and you might want to use the warranty. If it just a Standard SATA SSD you can replace it with any 2.5" x 9.5 SATA SSD, I'm partial to the Samsung 950 Pros but the EVO are a little cheaper and almost a good if not equal aside from warranty.

You might want to reseat it and see if that might help not likely but worth a shot
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
Try reseating the drive first (as Clintlgm suggested) if you are comfortable with it. Should it come down to replacement and it's a 2.5" SSD, then you have a lot of relatively cost effective options: Samsung (850 series), Intel (730 and 750 series for performance, or 530 and 535 series for value), Crucial, OCZ, or even Kingston all make good drives. The prevailing choice is usually a Samsung 850 EVO (value) or a Samsung 850 Pro (performance, but still decent value).

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!