Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak II 1.0.5.7

urielejh
Level 8
Hi,

1.0.3 -> silent mode 105% gaming mode 109% OC mode 113%
1.0.5.7 -> silent 107% gaming 109% OC 113%

when I logon to Windows it starts off with gaming at 113%.

I'd like it to have silent at not more than 100% - as it is supposed to be power saving - and save last used mode after logout + correct(ed) values.
21 REPLIES 21

Defin4ar
Level 7
With version 1.0.5.7 i have those value too:
Silent Mode -> 104%
Gaming Mode -> 106%
OC Mode -> 108%.

Looks GPU Voltage (mV) stays at +1 with these three pre-define modes.
Asus Dual RX480 O4G - Core i5 3570K - P8Z77-V LE PLUS - (still on 2019)

urielejh
Level 8
mmm.. i have a strix gtx 960 oc, btw xd

WebMaximus
Level 8
Lots of strange behavior in GPU Tweak...

- it doesn't always remember what profile should be active after reboot
- the fan mode in my custom profile reverts to Auto every now and then
- the System Tray icons don't show up when set to autostart minimized

...to mention a few bugs found so far and it was the same thing with the previous version. I wish Asus was equally talented writing software as they are building hardware...

danone77
Level 7
confused?
for me 1057 (clean install never a other ver. on pc)
oc mode 103%
gaming 101%
silent 99%
maybe difference witch gpu u have?
when windows updates/or u log in windows 1-2minutes later after restart,gpu tweak dont start,must make a new restart?(also on asus sysLevelUp.exe!)
problem with minimized autostart,confirmed!!
windows quick satrt remember the aktive profile,but when make a reboot,its shown gaming 100%-not 101?
when make to much adjustment on the user profile fan duty,its reverts to auto,too...(when deleting user profile and make new,all is ok for me...

WebMaximus
Level 8
The most important bug I've noticed so far is how my custom fan profile gets reset every now and then for no apparent reason.

However I managed to work around the issue by write-protecting my custom profile in the registry so the values can't be reset.

These are the keys that get reset unless you write-protect them. This of course is a work-around and not a solution and I do hope Asus will iron out all these bugs from the software because at the moment it feels more like a beta or even alpha version to me rather than a RTM version.

WebMaximus
Level 8
Unfortunately I was a bit too quick thinking I found a work-around because using the above method write-protecting a profile also has other impacts where it seems GPU will no longer be able to use the profile or even display it's name in the UI.

So for now and until Asus addressed these issues I guess the only way unless you wan't to manually reset your custom fan curve every now and then is to export the profile and then import it into the registry whenever the values get reset.

Export keys with desired values, use task scheduler to import (merge) keys when window starts up, use task scheduler to delay the start of GPUTweak by 1-3 minutes.
SpeedFan controls fans and temps, once you learn how to configure it properly. :cool:

WebMaximus
Level 8
I thought of that too but I still think it's rather "dirty" having to go that route so I really do hope these issues will swftly be addressed by Asus. GPU Tweak really isn't a particularly advanced piece of software so shouldn't be a big thing correcting the found issues.

Hi,
I recently bought a Strix GTX980Ti but GPU Tweak II 1.0.5.7 doesn't start with Windows.
Any clues?

Thanks
M_C