cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Gene Bios Update

JC531
Level 7
Hey guys! Newbie here lol. Since the first time I built my system I didn't do much updating (don't remember why). Anywho I figured now was a better time than any to do so especially for the bios. Question though, is the 1903 BIOS update ok to use? I couldn't find anywhere of any issues with it so I would assume it is ok but I just want to check.

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

Chino
Level 15
If you're not experiencing any life threatening instability problems with your current BIOS, there is no need to update to the latest and the greatest. 😉

JC531
Level 7
Lol alrighty then. My faith to the guru. Thank you!

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi JC531

As with any Bios update, There is risk. If your system is stable, It is recommended to stay with what you have, however, I have heard 1903 improves system stability.

Your best and safest method is to use your IO panel.
With an empty Fat32 formatted USB stick, load the bios file and the renaming tool (from utilities) together and activate the renamer. This will convert the file to M5G.CAP.
Insert the USB stick into the flashback port on your IO panel and with the system powered down, ( Just power to the Motherboard) Press the ROG connect button till it starts to flash. Once it stops you are done. Detailed in your manual 3.10.5

Go to ASUS support: http://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/MAXIMUS_V_GENE/HelpDesk_download/

Hope this helps and please report back.

MM
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

JC531
Level 7
If any issues occurred could I revert back to my previous bios? To be honest I have yet do do any overclocking but plan to do so soon. Should I wait 'til then maybe?

Chino
Level 15

JC531
Level 7
Sweet. Thanks Chino!