cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JH Laptop not charging

beast87
Level 7
HI all,

I have a G750JH and yesterday it stopped charging for some reason, I was playing a game and it started to lag and when I checked the battery Icon it showed not charging, I removed the battery and tried to start the laptop that way and it started but after a minute or so the laptop stopped.

I tried to check if maybe a battery calibration would fix the problem but it didn't, The strange part is that once the battery was completely drained it charged back(over night, this morning it was at 100%) but once I start the laptop it will not charge again.

Anyone have any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Your charger must be stuffed. Give the cord a 'massage' from the brick to the plug and wiggle it around while it's plugged in. Watch the charging icon see if it turns on.

If it changes between on and off, you need a new charger.

Buy a legit charger too, not a copy / knock off. Pay the $120 or what ever.. it's a $2,000 laptop.

beast87
Level 7
I tried that first, It did not do anything. I will just send it to the asus service here and let them figure things out. My best guess from what I read here on the forum is that it was a manufacturing problem with the power distribution chip(I had some random 1 seconds power drops from the beginning, I assumed it was normal(I'm not that smart sometimes 😐 )). Thanks for the reply anyway .