cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lid closed all the time, healthy or not?

matau
Level 9
Hey guys! I have g750 js and i love it!!

I am using it as dekstop computer, have attached monitor, keyboard and mouse to it and while i was playing a tough come
in my head "is it ok to keep the lid closed all the time"? I keep the laptop monitor turned off but since laptops are not designed to be closed while they are used, i wonder if i harm by anyway my computer?
3 REPLIES 3

GottiBoi55
Level 10
matau wrote:
Hey guys! I have g750 js and i love it!!

I am using it as dekstop computer, have attached monitor, keyboard and mouse to it and while i was playing a tough come
in my head "is it ok to keep the lid closed all the time"? I keep the laptop monitor turned off but since laptops are not designed to be closed while they are used, i wonder if i harm by anyway my computer?

Not to worry my friend.
Your laptop is configured while using an external monitor, that the lid may be closed (or open) all the times.
But, you should keep a eye on temps, you may see a slight (not much) rise in temps.
While using the laptop in this fashion (with the lid closed) it will trap some heat that escapes from the keyboard.
You may hear the fans working more than usually to compensate for the extra heat.
So monitor your temps to be on the safe side my friend.

Hope this answers your question my friend?
Good luck, and good gaming!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

matau
Level 9
Hey Hey, thanks tons!

In gaming (heavy games at high settings) my temperatures are between 70-80oC, are these normal?

GottiBoi55
Level 10
Your welcome, and yes your temps are looking good.
I'm averaging about the same temps on my JZ (high 60'S for average, and high 70 to 80 for highs)
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"