cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 drivers for Maximus V gene

Dafojk
Level 7
Hi there

Does anyone know if there will be Win10 drivers released for Maximus V Gene?

It has been a while since the driver page has been updated. I read in this page:

http://rog.asus.com/422412015/labels/product-news/asus-announces-whql-certification-for-windows-10/

That the Z77 line of boards would get the WHQL certification, but does that mean new drivers or just compatability with older ones (eg. win8.1 drivers)?

Looking forward to Windows 10 - Have a nice day 🙂
16 REPLIES 16

kkn
Level 14
there is no ansver from asus HQ and even JJ cant say mutch about it, ive tried to get info but a no go, even ROOG on twitter and no go.
same whit new Z170 line of mobo's, its out on the net but a no go on ROG or asus website.

Dafojk
Level 7
Hi kkn

It seems like you have been diggin abit into this. However it does not sound good for now 😕

If you hear anything from the request you made via twitter, please post it here.

Would be nice to hear something official.

coyi1895
Level 10
I think only Gigabyte has Windows 10 updates for their Z77 boards and so on. MSI, Asus, EVGA and ASRock, as far as I know haven't yet.

kkn
Level 14
see if you get up this link and see.
https://twitter.com/ASUSTechMKTJJ/status/624615344074702848

coyi1895, as far as support i only know what is in the link posted in OP.

coyi1895
Level 10
Me too, the only knowledge is the link from the OP. Thanks for the twitter link. I see it's dated on the 24th of July

DaveImagery
Level 9
I wiped and did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my Maximus V Gene, and just let windows install generic drivers. All seems fine so far.

Dafojk wrote:
Hi there

Does anyone know if there will be Win10 drivers released for Maximus V Gene?

It has been a while since the driver page has been updated. I read in this page:

http://rog.asus.com/422412015/labels/product-news/asus-announces-whql-certification-for-windows-10/

That the Z77 line of boards would get the WHQL certification, but does that mean new drivers or just compatability with older ones (eg. win8.1 drivers)?

Looking forward to Windows 10 - Have a nice day 🙂

Camus
Level 8
I am interested on those windows 10 drivers too.
Even though i am running right now windows 10, but not with a fresh installation, i did it via windows update.
CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.400GHz. RAM: G. Skill Trident X @ 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 10-12-12-31-2 MOBO: Maximus V Gene. BIOS:1903 CASE: Corsair Obsidian 800D. CPU COOLER: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate with 3 Noctua Fans NF-F12 industrial PPC-3000 PWM SSD: 2 x 256Gb Plextor M6S in RAID 0 HDD: 1 x 2Tb WD20EARX. PSU: Corsair Gold AX850 GPU: msi GTX 680 Twin Frozr iii OC 2gb GDDR5 Monitor: BenQ XL2410T. HEADSET: CM Storm Sirus 5.1 OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bits

Mjwells21
Level 7
I also want to know when there will be driver or bios updates for V line my usb work like crap since upgrade to 10 fine in 8.1

Mjwells21 wrote:
I also want to know when there will be driver or bios updates for V line my usb work like crap since upgrade to 10 fine in 8.1

Last night I backed a hard drive up on my Win 10 install to a USB 2.0 external. Transfer rates were abysmal.