cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z97 Pro Gamer - I can't get rid of the AMDA00 error (WUDFRd fails for ACPI\PNP0A0A)

kdx
Level 7
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2

This is what appears in my event viewer every time I boot. Wouldn't be a big deal, but this little thing basically freezes my windows login for exactly 70 seconds. I log in, and at a certain point the loading of my autostart programs stops, I can't open task manager, system settings, thumbnails don't appear, I can't open .exe files - for exactly 70 seconds. Then the rest just pops up and everything is back to normal. I found the eventID 219 in event viewer, which is the one at the top and this relates to AMDA00 driver.

I uninstalled the damn thing, did a reboot and the lag was gone. Unfortunately, Windows just reinstalls the driver automatically and it's back again. I kicked the drivers out of my registry, now the device shows as unknown but the problem persists, now I get devicesetupmanager errors, probably because there is no driver and it tries to do something with it, but can't.

I tried numerous things - first of all set the Windows Driver Foundation service to automatic. Didn't help. Installed the PROBE II drivers. Didn't help. Installed some other driver that was suggested here (AMDA00-M4702-TEST) - didn't help. Nothing helps against this thing. I could live with the error but the 70 second lag at login is a thing I didn't buy all my parts new last month for.

Can anyone provide a fix?
4 REPLIES 4

Korth
Level 14
This thread might help. Please ignore my initially confused ignorance within it, lol.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

kdx
Level 7
I tried that already and also installed the Probe II driver in 1.0.1.0 - didn't help. The only time I was able to bypass it was when I uninstalled the thing completely -on the next boot the issue was gone. But then Windows just reinstalled the drivers and it appeared again.

Well, let's wait for Windows 10 upgrade, maybe the issue will be gone.

kdx
Level 7
That sounds unbelievable, I know, but after the Upgrade to Windows 10 today, the issue is gone. Flabbergastic.

kimkl
Level 7
Well, let's wait for Windows 10 upgrade, maybe the issue will be gone.

sry m8 when you upgrade to win 10 the driver gets deleted from reg and folder and when you fire up your new win 10 it tries to install the driver from
update but fails, i have tried upgrading my win 8.1 file was deleted from reg and folder upg failed with woops something happend now i can install
it again win update tells me to install it it tries fails i use dvd no use error all the way i look in event viewer and it keeps failing because ms deletes
it when you upg but its not restored when it fails and you rollback thx ms also and this i can't understand it deletes reg keys from legal software which
have no influence on the upgrade all your software is scanned when building image ALL your license keys to software games and so is send to ms
not ones several times try turning on hidden files and look in $Windows.~WS $Windows.~BT folder if you have it not sure about the name on second
folder i deleted mine after failed upgrade attempts but good news my other pc upg to win 10 runs fine without the driver just ignore the error in event i do
at some point maybe asus makes a fix that works you prob also have a ESD folder if you have opt for free upg its the finished image you could prob edit it if you want to
like vlite and the other software out there but you have to do it in a text editor