cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting AE - Won't load/detect OS

Dust1234
Level 7
I just moved houses and when I setup my build again I tried to bootup my machine but the OS isn't loading. It goes right to the BIOS and nothing else. I have 3 HD all of which seem to be detected (when it gives me boot options). I will say that I did add a 3rd old HD (before I moved) that I have used with the machine before but didn't test it out till now. I removed the new HD and was still running into the same error. It just can't seem to find the OS or at the very least boot form my HD with the OS already installed, what could be happening?

I have Maximus V MB
2 REPLIES 2

HalfBit
Level 7
Hi there.

I have a Maximus IV G3GZ and I'm having issues with AE code as well.
If I find something usefull, I´ll post back.

HalfBit
Level 7
Hello again.

I found a solution for the AE error code in my PC, you should give a try if it suits your case.

Given that the error code is AE - Legacy Boot event, I decided to change my SSD partitioning scheme from MBR to GPT.

So I booted a EFI Windows installation, pressed Shift+F10 in the first install screen to get a command prompt, called diskpart util and executed clean command on the SSD.

Then, Windows setup created GPT partitions on the SSD and voi-lá: the issue is gone now!!!!

Cheers!