cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VII Formula - how to ultra fast boot ?

ovimatrix
Level 7
Hi everyone. I need a little help if some 1 knows. When i start my PC the ROG logo stay's to much on screen. How i manage to boot faster trought the logo ? I mean to boot it very fast.

I want to mention that when i bought the PC (second hand) it was booting "ultra" fast. I mean the logo was on screen like fraction of a second. U couln't even see the image logo and now it sit's there like 10-12 second on the logo. After i got the PC i made a reinstal of the windows from 7 to 8.1 and same thing, ultra fast boot was there but i made after that a BIOS update (from 2601 to 2801) and then the "problem" started. I dont know the last owner what settings made in bios but he had a very fast boot trought ROG logo. Anyone have's any ideea why ?

So remember, i have a new ssd , the "ultra" fast boot was able before the bios update. Is not like i never had it and dosent exist. The problem is how i make back those settings ? The fast boot from bios is enable.
And remember that i dont have a windows boot problem (with the logo or win). It's all about the start up ROG logo booting faster trought it.

Ty.
42 REPLIES 42

Puffnstuff
Level 10
I also notice that from time to time that the bios takes a bit longer to complete the post cycle and that 10 on my desktop doesn't complete the windows load as quickly as 8.1 did. On my laptop 10 is super fast, even faster than 7 or 8.1 were but it doesn't have a uefi bios. When I was on bios 2702 I had several instances where the bios seemed to hang after I'd completely shut the power off to the board. Have you checked your bios settings to make sure that fast boot is still enabled? Also make sure that turbo mode is enabled during post which also speeds things up a little bit.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

ovimatrix
Level 7
Yep, fast boot is enable (even by default after update i saw). I dont know what do u mean by "turbo mode is enabled during post". How do i see that ?

At the moment i have win 10, even with 7 or 8.1 the booting trought logo was very very fast, i think not even 1 second. Now the frustrating thing is that i know the pc was booting "ultra" fast throught logo and now i dont know how to get back to that booting speed.

Conners
Level 9
To get into your bios press delete during boot up.

ovimatrix
Level 7
Ye but how i do that ??? to enable turbo mode.

Conners
Level 9
It's under Extreme Tweaker scroll down to Internal CPU Power Management and in side there is Turbo Mode [Enabled] It's all in your manual, give it a go and look it up.

ovimatrix
Level 7
Yep, it seem's that is enabled.

So...maybe the fast boot and that stuff dosent work ? I disabled it and the boot is the same. Even if it is on or off.

JimmyH
Level 10
Check to make sure you have change the boot logo timing. Mine is set to 3 seconds.

RhysLewis
Level 7
Have you turned the bios display down to 1 sec ?

ovimatrix
Level 7
0 acttualy :D. But no effect. Same if i put it on 9 sec. The time i have to wait is the same.