cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for GpuTwk2.

DeathtoGnomes
Level 9
So after installing win10, I had to wait a couple weeks before my 280X page was update to select win10 and a few more days until the latest version was available for download.

So to the Gpu Tweak Dev Team, this is for you all:

First thing I play with when opening the latest GpuT2 is the user profiles, its the biggest complaint area I've seen so far. I really dont understand why user profiles are not kept in %%users%%\Documents. And I really dont understand why they cant be edited ( I cant "easily" find mine, hence I cant edit them :rolleyes: ).

Another suggestion is convert the UI to Xml or even Lua. That way you can separate all .dll's and address real issues, decrease footprint (when in tray), and actually make it easier to add features down the road. Plus, it "might" allow for custom UI's, which is more fun for us gamers.

Suggestion 3: Remove Live update. Its only good for notification. I have never seen it work correctly, so will never use it to do the actual updates. Its nice to have the tools to update the vBios, but not to do "automatically". Also, drop all the files for Live Update into a sub-folder.
EDIT: the main folder is cluttered enough, prolly why GpuT2 doesnt work right all the time, too confusing to the "sole developer".

Suggestion 4: Change how the "starts with windows" function to use Task Scheduler to start it. Its so damn easy to create a task to start of GpuT2 its not funny, takes less than a minute. I prefer to delay the start after certain other programs. Hell you guys already added Live Update to the Task Sch., why not use Task Sch. to start GpuT2 too?? its kinda screwy how you all set this up to start with windows...

Suggestion 5: Its been suggested before about the monitor and having to size it to fit all the oversize charts. Again with XML UI conversion we gamers can edit that to suit our personal needs. I myself would like prefer a thin rail I can move to the top or bottom of a monitor. I wouldnt mind seeing the different charts/gauges/whatev. as modules that we can change the size and shape (and color,opacity, etc. ) and move inside that window. [I think Speedfan had something like that, I forget]

Suggestion 6: Have an option that when minimized to tray, there is a hotkey that will display readings from the Monitor onscreen. Imagine, VLC's OSD in windows, no need to keep opening the Monitor window to know what your temps are at. I've seen other programs do this, I just cant remember them from Vista.

TBH, I'd like to stop using 2+ programs that GpuTwk2 should be handling as a single program. 3rd party fan control programs are really much better to use than GpuTwk2 is, they monitor the same way, OC'ing can be done from AMD's CCC. So we gamers really want a great program to use, not just another program with the ROG logo, but that makes me thing someone on the team thinks its all about the logo.... EDIT: Great program means something better than MSI Afterburner, cuz obviously ASUS cant beat it.

Love and kisses,
Zaphod

errrr, DTG.
SpeedFan controls fans and temps, once you learn how to configure it properly. :cool:
1 REPLY 1

DeathtoGnomes
Level 9
Obviously, ASUS has no vested interest into GPUT2, there is nothing about that can claim its proprietary usefulness over other similar Programs, i.e. there is not real advanteage to using it over, say, MSI Afterburner. The LiveUpdate feature is totally void of any practicality since updates are few (nil is more like it) and far between (as in never used).

So my heart bleeds for for the individual responsible for this program, I am sure he or she has their hands full with other projects. Good Luck.
SpeedFan controls fans and temps, once you learn how to configure it properly. :cool: