cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus N551JK - Did someone add an SSD in his N551 (while keeping HDD & DVD inside) ?

bluetyphoon
Level 7
Hi,

Thanks already to those who have opened this message 🙂
I just bought the N551JK version WITHOUT SSD included. I see Asus sells a N551JK with 128Gb SSD + 1T HDD + DVD player.
I wonder then which type of SSD they are using SINCE the DVD AND 1T HDD are still inside ???

PS: I already sent a message to Asus and received an inadequate answer from an unprofessional support not aware of what is inside their own notebook or on their motherboard.
That's why I'm asking you, real users/tweakers. I'm sure someone knows better than Asus. 🙂

Thanks a lot for any help !! 🙂

Cheeers
3 REPLIES 3

bugme-not
Level 7
err

ohh i just created a thread regarding the SSD and HDD bit. When i open the bottom panel i can only see the HDD and Ram but can';t find where that 128gb ssd is? could it be an mSata SSD insteaD?

5star02707 wrote:
ohh i just created a thread regarding the SSD and HDD bit. When i open the bottom panel i can only see the HDD and Ram but can';t find where that 128gb ssd is? could it be an mSata SSD insteaD?

Yes it is an mSata if you look at the ram from underneath with the panel off just to the right of it is a small 1/2"x1/2" square cutout, it would be right between the RAM and the SDCARD reader slot, You will see a small white connector and right above it in that window a black one, if you look just above that 1/2" square you will see a little slot where the bottom panel slides into, if you look in that slot to the right in white letters is SSD, you can also see the keyway in the black connector there where the mSata half card goes in. You need to remove the entire bottom panel to access it. The black slot has a number printed on it 1436.