cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC temps over 70C while watching Twitch, need advice

verimeloni
Level 7
Hello everybody,

lately I've been noticing that my PC temps get really high pretty easily. I tried opening the case and arranging the wires so that the airflow would be better and getting the dust out but I haven't noticed any difference.
You can see my computer's MB, CPU and GPU from the picture I attached. The case is Fractal Design 1000 USB3 with one 120mm fan in the front and one smaller one at the rear of the case. They're connected to Scythe Kaze fan controller which is connected to the one fan socket in the MB.

I've been thinking about maybe buying a new heatsink, new thermal paste for the CPU and one more 120mm fan for the side of the case. Am I on the right track?
6 REPLIES 6

kkn
Level 14
list full specs.
and IF your using fractials fans, they are slow RPM and hardly moves air.

verimeloni
Level 7
gpu: radeon r7 260x
cpu: amd fx-8320
motherboard: asus m5a78l-m/usb3
psu: super flower golden green pro 500w
ram: 8gb kingston hyperx (4+4)
hdd: western digital 500gb
fans: front 120mm rear 80mm

The 120mm fan came with the case, should I replace it?

kkn
Level 14
try and have side door off and see if temps stays down.
if temps drops then i would look at bether fans yes.

verimeloni
Level 7
I tried opening the case and the temp seems to be decreasing, I guess I should replace the fractal fan then.

verimeloni
Level 7
Can someone explain what "ITE IT8728F" is? I'm more concerned about the mb's temperature than my cpu/gpu's at the moment, it easily climbs into 70c even in light use.

kkn
Level 14
are you OC'ing?
if you are, set all back to stock.

its this chip

http://www.hardwareluxx.se/images/stories/reviews/2012/Gigabyte-G1-Sniper-M3/gigabyte_9stor.jpg