cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JM Auto restart when wake up from sleep mode

Sonkem
Level 7
I just downloaded the free Windows 10 upgrade yesterday and discovered mine lap auto restart when wake up from sleep mode. I could not fix it with Asus support.
Help me, plz!
😞
27 REPLIES 27

Geoglobo
Level 7
Sonkem wrote:
I just downloaded the free Windows 10 upgrade yesterday and discovered mine lap auto restart when wake up from sleep mode. I could not fix it with Asus support.
Help me, plz!
😞

Did the problem get solved? I'm living with the same problem on an Asus since the Windows 10 upgrade, and haven't yet found any solution. Thanks!

Irrition
Level 7
also have this problem on my G56JR. Calling the service support in my country resulted in them telling me it is customer-induced damage possibly cause i installed Windows 10 on my ASUS g56jr when it prompted me to. I am quite appalled by ASUS policy. Anyone got a fix for this?

mbawkher
Level 7
Sonkem wrote:
Help me, plz!
😞

BUMP!

Incredible I'm having the same problem on my FX550J laptop. This started happening to me 3 days ago for no apparent reason. Please Asus help us out here!

Petr_st
Level 7
Sonkem wrote:
Help me, plz!
😞

Hi All,

I have the same issue. I have updated to Win10 from 8.1 and all was working fine for about 6 weeks. After that my system start restarting everytime it went to sleep.
I had a windows backup that I did after move to win 10 so i restored my PC. It worked for another 2 days and issue came back.
After that I tried to go back to win 8.1 but somehow my restore partition get corrupted. Restore again Win 10 but have the same issue when i start the PC. Never had this issue on win 8 or 8.1. It looks like it started after some update and when I restore windows its automatically updated.
I had a look in event log and only getting error messages that windows didn't start correctly:

"The previous system shutdown at 09:06:57 on ‎29/‎12/‎2015 was unexpected."

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Anyone have some idea what is causing this issue or is there another forum that can help?

The PC just go normally to sleep without any issue, but when you open the screen or move mouse it goes straight to restart.
(all drivers have the latest updates)
My PC is ASUS G750JH

This problem has remained unsolved for ages. Any support anyone? Still having this problem on my G56JR, and the best part is that ASUS service support claims that it is a user-induced fault because we updated to Windows 10. What bull crap is that?

Dear G750 users , this issue persists like forever and it is not going to be fixed anytime soon. I reached out to the asus support team, they don't know sh*t about it. This issue came around the time I upgraded to Win10. It was just fine with 8.1. Interesting thing, though, is that it is not even working with 8.1 anymore after reverting back to 8.1. I DID even clean install with 8.1, it still crashes when waking up from sleep mode.
So confused at this point thinking about selling this sh*t.

hi everyone, i encountered the same issue as you a few days ago, and i managed to fix it
all you need is update your bios to the latest version.
go to the support page of your laptop ( mine is asus g750jm), download the latest bios version, unzip/unrar it, and update it using the WinFlash software (who is preloaded in the laptop).
and VOILA you can use your sleep fonctionality again 🙂
For those who can't upadte because WinFlash says you have already the latest bios version; open your file manager and go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\WinFlash
Once in the folder of Winflash press "Alt" key and right click (somewhere blank on the folder), once the menu shows up choose "open command here" ( or something similar , because my laptop is in french)
then a black command window should show up; type in that black window type "WinFlash /nodate" and press Enter. Then update your bios
this should bypass WinFlash and force the update even if you have already the latest bios.
As a reminder, don't forget to have your battery fully charged and plug your laptop to the charger when you do a BIOS update, and don't forget that if a BIOS flash goes wrong you'll brick your dear laptop.

I apologize for my bad english and i hope that this will help you as it helped me.
chears!

angel_salam wrote:
hi everyone, i encountered the same issue as you a few days ago, and i managed to fix it
all you need is update your bios to the latest version.
go to the support page of your laptop ( mine is asus g750jm), download the latest bios version, unzip/unrar it, and update it using the WinFlash software (who is preloaded in the laptop).
and VOILA you can use your sleep fonctionality again 🙂
For those who can't upadte because WinFlash says you have already the latest bios version; open your file manager and go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\WinFlash
Once in the folder of Winflash press "Alt" key and right click (somewhere blank on the folder), once the menu shows up choose "open command here" ( or something similar , because my laptop is in french)
then a black command window should show up; type in that black window type "WinFlash /nodate" and press Enter. Then update your bios
this should bypass WinFlash and force the update even if you have already the latest bios.
As a reminder, don't forget to have your battery fully charged and plug your laptop to the charger when you do a BIOS update, and don't forget that if a BIOS flash goes wrong you'll brick your dear laptop.

I apologize for my bad english and i hope that this will help you as it helped me.
chears!

Cheers m8 😄 I had already the latest bios but re-flashing latest version worked. My PC can finally go back to sleep :D...
If you don't have winflash on your PC change your OS on the support page to win7/8 and download winflash...

Thanks again!!

😞 an update since my last happy response 😄

Today my PC again restarted when I tried to wake the little ... from sleep. :mad:

Good news is that re-flash of the bios fixed the issue again but now i'm scared that one day the re-flush brick my PC and bye bye 😄

No win update since 10/02 and no real changes on My PC. Installed advanced system care but don't think that's the issue...

Anyone else have same issues again?