cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

b2 code after second boot up

Goreathebloody
Level 7
Hey guys,
I just built my computer yesterday. I have a asus rog maximus VII hero. Everything was going fine during the first boot. I was checking everything out. The only thing i switched or clicked on was the fan setting. I saved and shut it off so i could look up how to install windows the right way so I didnt screw anything up. Now I turned it on and got a b2 error with the boot light on. I cleared my cmos twice. Then got an A2 error i unplugged and replugged everything hoping that it worked but i just got the b2 error and the boot light on again. I'm stuck any help would be nice
Motherboard: Maxiums VII hero
CPU: i5 quad core devils canyon
graphics card: evga geforce gtx 970
I have a samsung ssd and a WD black hard drive.
I would really appreciate some help, Can't figure out what to do.
8 REPLIES 8

Nate152
Hello Gorethebloody

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Try clearing the cmos with the button on the back of your pc. power down and hold it for 3 seconds then try booting.

When I see code b2 the first thing I want to check is your gpu, pcie power connections and monitor connection. If you still have code b2 try connecting to the onboard graphics.

Goreathebloody
Level 7
how would i go about connecting to the onboard graphics? This is my first computer build so I'm still new.

Goreathebloody
Level 7
the button in the back didn't work either. still B2 and boot light on

Nate152

Goreathebloody
Level 7
Alright, I'll try that need to get the right connector

Nate152
If your monitor supports hdmi you can use an hdmi cable, the hdmi port looks to be to the left of the dvi connector. If you're not sure which one it is take a look in your manual.

Goreathebloody
Level 7
I have plugged it in the hdmi. It says there is no signal every time i boot it. The lights on my keyboard or mouse don't light up either.

Nate152
All right

List me your ram kit and your psu and if there's anything else connected in the usb ports besides your mouse and keyboard.