cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

obsolescence/counterchip

Operation_Nadet
Level 7
Hi,

My question is easy: is there a Counterchip on the Phoebus for the obsolescence? after 3 years now (32 month warrenty) my phoebus headphone output is broken. the volume is very low now. There is just sound on the right side (very low), the left one is heavy lower.
My Phoebus looks factoy new, there is nothing wrong with it.

This problem is also without a driver.

Maybe it is a Windows 10s fault, i hope so! I am just waiting for the Windows 10 driver!
Mainboard:ASUS +6H
GPU: GTX 1080 Auros Gigabyte
CPU: R5 1600X stock
PSU: Be quiet straight power 10 500W
RAM: Trident Z DDR4 3600 @3,2 Ghz CL16
2 REPLIES 2

SoundMan
Level 7
Operation Nadethrow wrote:
Hi,

My question is easy: is there a Counterchip on the Phoebus for the obsolescence? after 3 years now (32 month warrenty) my phoebus headphone output is broken. the volume is very low now. There is just sound on the right side (very low), the left one is heavy lower.
My Phoebus looks factoy new, there is nothing wrong with it.

This problem is also without a driver.

Maybe it is a Windows 10s fault, i hope so! I am just waiting for the Windows 10 driver!

Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar and right click on headphone, click on the levels tab, click on balance move all sliders to 100. If this doesn't solve your problem then it's hardware related.

No there is no counterchip. Just unfortunate coincidence.

Headphone jack problems like that are almost always hardware related.

Do check your headphones thoroughly first and try a different pair before blaming the card.

I have Windows 10 and I'm able to use the headphone amp just fine.

If it's still in warrenty still, get it fixed by Asus because anything you do to do it, could void it. You can also pay Asus to fix it through a repair service they may offer.

Sounds like a bad component, failing microchip, bad solder connection or broken trace. I wouldn't advise you to get a hot iron on an expensive device unless you really know what you're completely doing. So don't try it at all, you have nothing to gain if you mess up and everything to lose if it goes very bad.

Samaelvonhell
Level 7
Might be that: LINK

If so, find a decent electronics service, shouldnt be a big problem for any.

Dont send it to Asus service, level 3 repairs are out of their competencies and for that they send boards to Compal. They will charge You a lot for such an easy repair.