cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something is going on with my GPU, 3D-Passmark Score went down from 3286 to 1456

AlexF
Level 7
Hi there:

I feel something is going on with my GPU (770M), now my 3D-Passmark Score went down from 3286 to 1456 (attached new screenshot of test).

Some weeks ago I upgraded my BIOS from 208 to 209 version. I suspect this could be a cause but I am not sure.

Other thing is that in my GPU Z (Tweak) module, the NVIDIA SLI appears as "disabled". This could be a cause? If so, how can I solve it?

I will appreciate your help!

8 REPLIES 8

redduc900
Level 9
Since you have only one 770M installed, it's normal for the nVidia SLI field in GPU-Z to show as Disabled.
Laptop: Asus G750JZ

redduc900 wrote:
Since you have only one 770M installed, it's normal for the nVidia SLI field in GPU-Z to show as Disabled.

Ok, thanks for that. It is clear.

What about the 3D score big drop?

navis995
Level 11
Try to downgrade the bios and see if the score improves? Don't know why you didn't do that yet.

If not, report here.
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

navis995 wrote:
Try to downgrade the bios and see if the score improves? Don't know why you didn't do that yet.

If not, report here.

Nope. Thanks for the suggestion but no; I have now the BIOS 208 and still with the same miserable 3D Passmark score!

Should be something else but I can not figure out what...

Corporal
Level 9
Try doing a clean install of NVidia drivers.

Corporal wrote:
Try doing a clean install of NVidia drivers.

Thanks for the idea. This is what I did:

1) Initially the score did not improved doing that (although I did it twice).

2) I checked my GPU Tweak settings and moved the Frame Rate Target (FPS) from 50 (which someday i selected I suppose wrongly) to the maximum of 255 which I have now.

With that my Passmark scores improved, as well as applying the Wise Registry Cleaning Tool (which I use regularly). Now my 3D Passmark score is at the best I have get with 3812 and the total Passmark score at 4943.

3) Additionally I get back to the BIOS 209 Update and everything runs very well.

Thanks for all!

* Last question: Do you know why in the GPU Tweak when I set the Display Refresh Rate (Hz) at its Maximum, it always gets down to a lower value?

Corporal
Level 9
* Last question: Do you know why in the GPU Tweak when I set the Display Refresh Rate (Hz) at its Maximum, it always gets down to a lower value?

Maybe your display and/or the Intel GPU doesn't support it? As you probably know, the display is connected to the Intel GPU, not the Nvidia

Corporal wrote:
Maybe your display and/or the Intel GPU doesn't support it? As you probably know, the display is connected to the Intel GPU, not the Nvidia

Thanks, it could be. Do you know how to be sure and confirm it?