cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD BAD POOL HEADER on a G750JM

blackguard
Level 7
So I just had a bsod happen to me twice today in the span of about an hour or so
I am adding a screen from bluescreenview too

First time it happened I was chatting with a buddy on steam, everything was fine in the past days until now;
i had to set up a internet cable connection on the laptop a bit earlier to connect to the internet, and after about 1 or 2 hours the first BSOD hqppened; I turned it on again to see what caused it, and bluescreenviez captured this:

is the screenshot of qny help?
3 REPLIES 3

Maxter
Level 9
blackguard wrote:
So I just had a bsod happen to me twice today in the span of about an hour or so
I am adding a screen from bluescreenview too

First time it happened I was chatting with a buddy on steam, everything was fine in the past days until now;
i had to set up a internet cable connection on the laptop a bit earlier to connect to the internet, and after about 1 or 2 hours the first BSOD hqppened; I turned it on again to see what caused it, and bluescreenviez captured this:

is the screenshot of qny help?

Usually, a bad pool header is a memory inconsistency. Could be due to faulty, maybe overheating, RAM (I'm doubting these on your laptop, unless you've been fidgeting with the memory sticks). Maybe a voodoo windows thing too... is this reproducible?
It is pretty evident that the problem arose from your conversation connection (the TCP driver is the one that failed). Maybe Steam has issues with memory leak when talking through steam chat. I have never had it active for that long...
If this issue is only steam chat related, try using another software, like skype or teamspeak.
Get "whocrashed" and see what that software says about the dump file. It's a bit more verbose than bluescreenview.

blackguard
Level 7
well....i deleted the network i had created for the internet acces and the problem is gone now.....does this mean the driver is bad?

Maxter
Level 9
possibly... did you get whocrashed to review your dumpfile? If you see, the tcp system driver is the one that failed. Possible just crashed from a response timer problem. We might never now...