cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AHCI drivers for maximus V gene windows XP

EmBoLa_be
Level 7
Sorry for the bad language since i am dutch and i am trying my best.

this build is for my mom and NO, she won't upgrade to 7 since she allready have a pc with 7 that she hates.

ive been trying for days trying to install drivers for ahci support for windows xp, tried nlite but i don't know what driver i need to select for this motherboard and i allready burned 5 dvd's and they ALL are the wrong drivers. or i might be doing something very wrong.
it has to be one of these since they are from asus download page.

and witch .inf do i need to select in nlite? iaAHCI.inf or iaStor.inf
and what driver do i need to select in nlite

"Intel(R) ICH7R/DH SATA AHCI Controller"
"Intel(R) ICH7M/MDH SATA AHCI Controller"
"Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller"
"Intel(R) ICH10D/DO SATA AHCI Controller"
"Intel(R) ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller"
"Intel(R) 5 Series 4 Port SATA AHCI Controller"
"Intel(R) 5 Series 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller"
"Intel(R) 5 Series/3400 Series SATA AHCI Controller"
"Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller"
"Intel(R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller"
"Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller" i thought this was the one but it seems i was wrong.
"Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

this motherboard dosn't support ide floppy disks.

Can someone give me a tutoria or directions on how to install ahci on xp, i don't care if i have to reinstall it 10 times since i allready did that many.

installing xp in ide mode is fine and i don't use the asmedia sata connectors isince they aren't recognised by the bios, strange since its the latest bios i think 1903. so i put the hdd in the intel controller and that works just fine in ide mode but when i switch to ahci in bios and install it just reboots when xp is almost installed so there must be some driver isseu.

i hope someone can answer this since i am at a total loss, did research on google for days and still can't make it to work? thank god that id did NOT installed my old ssd in this setup and yes i know xp dosn't support trim but there are software to do this.
2 REPLIES 2

Nate152
Hello EmBola.be

Welcome to the ROG forum.

I don't recall having to install any of that when setting up my board of course I was on win 7 then upgraded to 10, the only thing I install is the Lan driver, the chipset driver, the MEI driver and the usb 3.0 driver that's it, like you I have no need for the asmedia ports.

It looks like you may need to install more than one.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-hardware/setup-ahci-under-win-xp/4a95e43...

Or how about just doing a windows 7 install and do the free upgrade to windows 10? Do you think she would like windows 10?

thx for the response but the only facts that she still wants to use xp is when browsing folder she just have to place a pic in the folder and the folder would look like the pic, with w7 and newer its different, maybe i can find a picture to explain it. ha, found it,

thats the ONLY reason why she wants xp because she have a huge music collection all ripped cd's from her huge collection.
she hates this layout in newer windows:

these pics are just examples found on the web.