cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Startup problem

GADYJP
Level 7
Hello,
I receive the computer from my daughter with a Rampage IV Extreme motherboard.
After I re-install Windows 7 and put Some new programs on iT everything Works fine except ...
When I startup the pc I see the logo from Republic of Gamers and the note that with F2 or DEL I can go to BIOS
But - and thats the problem - Nothing goes further. Everything stands still.
When I push on the reset button then the pc goed further and startsup Win7.
Does Someone now a Answer for this problem ?
Sorry for my bad english.
10 REPLIES 10

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi GADYJP and Welcome to ROG.

If you wish to access your Bios and continually depressing the DEL key does not work, use the DirectKey on the MB to go direct to Bios after Post.
Sometimes Bios does not properly recognize some keyboards until configured correctly.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
Hi GADYJP and Welcome to ROG.

If you wish to access your Bios and continually depressing the DEL key does not work, use the DirectKey on the MB to go direct to Bios after Post.
Sometimes Bios does not properly recognize some keyboards until configured correctly.

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reaction.

I have no problem to go to BIOS. The problem is that after the first screen with " Logo Republic of Gamers" + " the annocement for usinf F2 or DEL" my computer stand still. There hapens nothing at all.
After i have push to the Reset-button everything works normal and Windows startsup.

I have also put another mous and keyboard but its all the same.

I think the problem is before all that. Its likes my computer fall in sleep before he startsup.

Best Regards,

Nate152
Hello GADYJP

I've had the same problem when starting my pc when it just sits there on "press DEL to enter UEFI bios" and nothing happens. When it happens to me it's due to a faulty drive and the motherboard shows code A2 only mine won't restart no matter what I do.

It could be a failing ssd/hdd.

The next time it happens look at the motherboard led readout and see what code it's showing.

Korth
Level 14
Motherboard Q-Code numeric LED panel is shown here (displaying code "bd") above the big red START button ...
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Nate152
Hey Korth is this GADYJP's motherboard or yours? I don't see where he says he's getting code bd so just wondering.

If it's your motherboard you seem like a pretty smart guy and could fix it. 😄

Korth
Level 14
No, it's just a picture of an R5E motherboard I quickly found online to show GADYJP where the Q-Codes are located, lol. Ignore the bd-code.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Hi guys,

Thanks for the informations.

When I first startup my pc it stand still by code " b4 "

Best Regards,

Korth
Level 14
Rampage IV Extreme User Manual can be downloaded here.

Q-Code b4 indicates POST halted at "USB Hot Plug". Try disconnecting all USB devices then see if the system still halts during POST.

Here's another thread about the same issue.

[/Korth]