Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix Raid DLX - Trouble with switching

FR-FAZE
Level 7
Hi everyone,

Windows 10 Professional, Strix Sonic Studio V1.0.9

Just acquired the Strix Raid DLX and got trouble 😞

Switching from headphone to speakers / speakers to headphone cuts the sound and crashes the program.

While playing, switching freezes the game.

Anyone meeting this trouble?

Any advices?

Thanks for your time,

Regards,
10 REPLIES 10

Endzeit
Level 7
Yes same problem here. I have much troubles with the Driver. Sometimes Microphone is not working anymore also, i have to restart to fix this microphone problem.

Bahz
Level 12
Thanks for reporting this problem, I will forward this over to our software team to look into.

Could you guys please list your full system specs and also which version of Windows 10 you are using?

Thanks,
Bahz

Endzeit
Level 7
Windows 10 Version 1511 (Build 10586).. but same problem before upgrading to TH2.

Intel 6700k @ Corsair H100i GTX
Asus Maximus VIII hero (1202 bios)
Asus GTX 780 DirectCuII
Samsung 830 128GB SSD
Samsung 1TB HDD
BeQuiet 650W PurePower P7

Also: Reverb, Bassboost or any enhance is not working in some application.
Whats working:
Chrome, Spotify, World of Warcraft, Counter-Strike: GO

Whats not working:
iTunes, Call of Duty BO3, VLC

At least a Question for Inpedance:
Whats the Range for low, medium, high impedance?
Low 0Ohm - 150Ohm?
Medium 150Ohm-300Ohm?
High 300-600Ohm ?
There is nothing in the manual.

Is existing Alpha/Beta Driver for Raid DLX not for public?

Windows 10 pro 1511 (10586.14)
i7-6700K
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
Corsair H100i GTX
Corsair Vengeance 2 x 8go 2400MHZ C10
2 x EVGA GTX980 TI 6GO ACX 2.0 SC
Samsung 850 EVO 500go
WD 3to Caviar Green
Corsair RM1000 Gold
Asus Strix Raid DLX

System Bios Version
ALASKA - 1072009
BIOS Date: 10/22/15 21:19:27 Ver: 05.0000B

Hope you ll fix that soon...

Bahz
Level 12
Thanks for the info guys, I will forward it all over to our software development team.

my problem is in heavy games (fallout 4, diablo 3) apears background noise like (bzzz) in headphones. if volume turned off it can be heard very clearly. in windows youtube movies sound is ok, no noises. microphone is not connected and turned off. im using latest drivers.
and my system is
windows 10 pro
i5 2500,
2x gtx660 sli,
kingston 16 gb ram
asus p8z68v pro
power supply 750w.

Bahz
Level 12
Hi Drelko,

Thanks for the info, I will forward all you provided over to our software team.

Best Regards,
Bahz

Just bought the Asus Strix Raid DLX.

Sound quality was a big Upgrade over Rampage IV Black Edition onboard sound.

BUT......:

1: Edit 2 jan: Right clicked and deactivated Realtek onbord sound and problem went away deactivated Realtek onboard sound and this problem went away it seems. Before happend each 4 times or so, now changed between headset an speaker outlert 100+ times and no problem.
As described by others. Sound dissapear sometimes when switching between headset and speaker outlet, both inside Sonic studio and on remote controll. Need to restart pc to get sound back, not enough to restart Sonic studio. Drivers?

2: Only thing that I get working with raid button on Remote controll is Bass boost.

3:
Edit 2.Jan 2016 03:21: All my ingame volume adsjustment was set to 100% and I have now lowered all of them to between 50 and 20%, so sound level is ok.
Wonder what happend since it was ok With 100% ingame sound Level for 2 days?
But struggeling getting the crisp sound I had before the "explotion", and getting the Critical sounds like fotsteps seem very low.

Today when playing Crysis3 the sound level suddenly "exploded".
It went so high it was like being hit in the head with something hard, and my ear was hurting and was "singin" and got instantly a headake.
Now some hours later it seem my hearing is undamaged luckely. Was using Roccat kave XTD Analog.
I have tried lower the ingame sound in Crysis 3 to a minimum, same on the soundcard, but to get it low enoughf it had to be set so low that many sounds dissapeared to not get Rifle shot sound not to high( It gets really loud) if not loosing other sounds. Tried lot of setting but no help. Sound is as normal when using MB sound from front of cabinet.
Shall carefully test some other games now. (PS restarted pc after insedent)

4: Could not get virutuell surround to work in game with Beyerdynamic DT 770, tried every possible setting combination in Warface, Crysis 3 and BF4 (in BF4 gave some maps a tiny sense of surround).
With 5. analog and Roccat Kave XTD Analog the surround was much better than with onboard sound.

Strange thing here is that in Sonic studio the virituell souround With DT 770 worked perfectly when pressing one "speaker "at the time(also blind testet), but when played the test it was just partly succesfull.(not good)
But same test in 5.1 with the Roccat headset got zero surround sense when testing one speaker at the time and a little better when running the surround test.

Have no ongoing issues with pc other then with the sound.

In 2013 I had ASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus Solo for a little while, sent it back due to issues with it.

Sonic studio v1.0.9
Sound card FW v1.03
Controll Box FW v1.13

Motherboard: Rampage IV Black Edition
Processor: 4930K @4.5 .....(tried at oe setting no difference on sound dissapearing, now temparary @4.3 just change multiplayer))
Memory (part number): Kingston 2 x HX324C11T3K2/16
Graphics Card: 2 x MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB in SLi
Sound Card: Asus Raid Strix DLX
Monitor: Acer 27" Predator G-Sync XB270HU IPS
Storage : 2 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB Basic Raid0
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i
Case: Cooler Master HAF X Big Tower Power Supply:
Corsair AX 1500i Keyboard: Logitech G910 Mouse: Corsair Gaming M65 RGB FPS
Headset: ROCCAT Kave XTD 5.1 analog/ Beyerdynamic DT 770
Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK+ Mousepad
Speakers: Creative Inspire P5800 5.1

Right clicked and deactivated Realtek MB onbord sound and problem went away it seems.
Before happend each 4 times or so, now changed between headset an speaker outlet 100+ times and no problem.

I also got full function on Raid button on Remote controll, before only bass boost was working.

Would it be any problem with deleting MB onboard sound drivers?

What about the Nvidia sound drivers?