cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIVbe - What temp sensor does Fan Xpert go off of?

dough69
Level 7
Hi,

Im on a RIVbe (Rampage IV Black Edition) and running AI Suite 3 on win 7 64bit (also tested it on win 8.1), When setting up Fan Xpert I need to know what Temperature the charts/fans are based off of? IE is it the Motherboard temp? the CPU Package Temp? The actual CPU Cores temp? (what if i hook up thermal probes to opt_temp 1 , 2, or 3? )

Ive seen several Fan Xpert screen shots that show a drop down menu that lets you choose the Temperature source, however i have never seen this drop down menu in my Fan Xpert screens (maybe only certain MBs support changing fan Xperts temp source?)

I found this thread , which has my same question, however no one answered it (they went on a tangent and answered a different question which solved the OPs issue):
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57544-What-temperature-does-fan-xpert-control-chassis-fan-...

thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

WDxpanzer3
Level 7
dough69 wrote:
Hi,

Im on a RIVbe (Rampage IV Black Edition) and running AI Suite 3 on win 7 64bit (also tested it on win 8.1), When setting up Fan Xpert I need to know what Temperature the charts/fans are based off of? IE is it the Motherboard temp? the CPU Package Temp? The actual CPU Cores temp? (what if i hook up thermal probes to opt_temp 1 , 2, or 3? )

Ive seen several Fan Xpert screen shots that show a drop down menu that lets you choose the Temperature source, however i have never seen this drop down menu in my Fan Xpert screens (maybe only certain MBs support changing fan Xperts temp source?)

I found this thread , which has my same question, however no one answered it (they went on a tangent and answered a different question which solved the OPs issue):
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57544-What-temperature-does-fan-xpert-control-chassis-fan-...

thanks!

Did you install the probe drivers?
I think that may solve your issue

I can get / see the temp values from all 3 opt temp sensors so I don't think that's the issue. I can say that in fan xpert I will see the orange dot on the fan charts which represents temperature fluctuating all over the place while running running p95 exactly as it should yet the temperature values from the probes will remain low(as it should) as I'll have the temp probes just hanging in the case so I don't think the temperature input that affects the fan speed is coming from any of the three probes. But rather it's either the PCH temperature, the motherboard temperature, the CPU package temperature or maybe even some or all of the actual CPU core temperatures. This is what I'm trying to figure out and hoping for help with.

Btw , I didn't know there are specific drivers for the temperature probes, can you give the name or a link to the drivers (the name or title of the drivers would be enough)? I don't see them listed on the rivbe driver page on asus Thanks