cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Connect and RC Bluetooth guide

Retired
Not applicable
This is a guide to show you step by step o how to setup your ROG connect and RC Bluetooth. For those of you that dont know about ROG connect, its pretty much the coolest invention ever! You can remotely control and overclock your system on the hardware level. There is no software tweaking through windows OS, everything is handled directly on the IROG chip changing settings in the BIOS real time!

ROG connect is pretty straight forward:
Download the latest ROG connect software and install it on your netbook or notebook. connect the ROG connect usb cable from the notebook and to the ROG connect usb port

Here we have a Crosshair IV Extreme, but it will work on all models with ROG connect support. Before opening the ROG Connect application, you need to press the ROG connect button. It will light up green when on. Then go ahead and open up the program on your notebook and you are ready to go.

As you can see here, we have changed the value of the cpu bus speed to 214, then hit apply.
and here is our result. This app is in AISUITE II. It can also be verified through CPUZ
20 REPLIES 20

Retired
Not applicable
Here are some shots of the ROG connect features and functions

Retired
Not applicable
Here is out to setup your RC bluetooth connect. Note that bluetooth connect comes only in the ROG Extreme models. Maximus III Extreme, Rampage III Extreme, Crosshair IV Extreme, and Maximus IV Extreme In this setup, we will show you how to connect using a droid (android) phone

first you should download the latest drivers from the http://support.asus.com/

if you have a droid, you should download the program called astro file manager from the market place

Be sure to have the bluetooth module on your Extreme board:

we will attempt to transfer your rc connect files to your phone over bluetooth. so add new connection

be sure to have your phone on discovery mode

find your phone from the search results

click on wireless transfer

click on your phone

add in the entire zip file. attempting to just add the apk file will not transfer

accept the file transfer

open the folder

open the android folder

click on the install file

install

before you open the app, be sure to turn on the RC connect button which should light up blue. you do NOT need to turn on the rog connect button

once the ROG app installs, open the app and press the settings button. click on devices

you should be able to find RC bluetooth and connect to it.

If all goes well, you should be connected and should see this menu pop up. you are not connected.

here are some shots in action. changing the bus speed to 207 and adjusting the cpu speed in real time on the system through the hardware.

Other things you can monitor through your droid

adjust your display settings

ENJOY!

V2-V3
Level 8
Very Through Guide Brian, Thank You!

Retired
Not applicable
Is it possible to use RC Tweak it software on the OS running the R3E. I kind of like the interface. I tried once I was getting an error.

Retired
Not applicable
dont think its possible. you will have to use turbo v evo

Tony2438
Level 7
Did not work do not know what I am doing wrong

Same here,does not connect to my Samsung i9000 and my bluetoth works the wrong way! When my device on MOBO lights up,it is inactive,when i press it again and light is out its active..... WTF
Anyway,when i try and search for device from my phone it just stays searching and never finds my pc,i have had it paired but the app will not work.
Great guide BTW.

Retired
Not applicable
for rc bluetooth to work, the light needs to be on. when the light is on the windows bluetooth software is off. this is because the protocol goes directly to the hardware and NOT through windows. for normal bluetooth services the the bluetooth button is off, then your normal bt functions in windows will turn on. its kind of backwards... no light means normal bt is on in windows. with light, means rc connect is on.

when rc connect is on, use your phone to search for rc bluetooth. once you see that and connect, open up cpu z, make a change and see if it adjusts on the fly

Yeah what a c__k i am....... Thats why they supply a Manual! I have just read that in the book Brian :3. (hands in head) Anyway back to my kickass board,thx again and i'm sure i'll be back with more stupid Questions.
BTW i like it here 😛