cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement parts for G73JH?

mertesn
Level 7
I have a bit of an odd situation, and hopefully someone here can provide an answer...

I own a G73JH-A2 which, until recently, had an aftermarket Blu-ray burner. I say until recently because that drive suddenly died. I sent it in for repair and somewhere between the UPS store and the repair shop the drive was stolen from the box. I have since replaced the burner, but I still need a faceplate for the drive that actually goes with the laptop. Called the Asus customer support line, and they said to go to the e-store. The e-store doesn't have the face plate - they only have a BD-ROM drive which I do not need (nor was it even in stock). I spoke with an e-store rep and they said to try the support web site. The support site wants me to get an RMA for the laptop. Is this really necessary? All I need is a little piece of plastic that snaps onto the BD-R drive. This is an operation I'm more than capable of doing myself, and I certainly shouldn't have to be without my laptop for the week (or more - last repair took six weeks) required to make the laptop look like it's supposed to.

I could also use another set of the rubber feet. They don't stay on terribly well.

Can anyone point me to the right web site or phone number to get the replacement parts without an RMA?
3 REPLIES 3

Retired
Not applicable
Ok so let me see if I have this correct. You sent a optical drive via UPS and while it was in there hands it got stolen? The drive you sent in you left the face plate on it from your g73? Did you have shipping insurance on it? Did you let UPS know they need to replace all of the contents that came up missing while it was in there control?

I not sure but maybe if you sweet talk tech support they may ship you the plastic face plate for cost of part and shipping fee. I would really get after UPS to do it as they lost your product and are responsible.

You understand the problem correctly. I did have insurance, but that's not the issue. The issue is that I _did_ speak to tech support and they pointed me to the e-store which doesn't stock the faceplate. Asus doesn't even offer a Blu-ray burner, so I couldn't just call up and order it from them. Otherwise I wouldn't even have this problem.

Asus tech support wants me to send the laptop in. That's not going to happen.

At this point in time the only way to get a replacement optical faceplate is through the RMA process or by buying it from somewhere like eBay.