cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** LIES !!*** MAXIMUS IV EXTREME vB3 3-Way CrossFire Support

aqwut
Level 7
OMG,
I finally have some money to put video cards in this motherboard, and I was very very surprised!!!

IT SUPPORTS 4 WAY Crossfire!!! Yippeeeee!

I have a 7990, a 7970 and another 7970, plus a extension cable to run a LSI MegaRaid 9260-4i, all are working perfecty!!..

I love this board, i7 2700K CPU is still running strong @ 5.0 GHz for years now.

The only problem I ever had with it is trying to run 32GB with my Dominator Platinum 2133 (4x 8GB). only boot up with 2 chips.

Awesome Job on this Board Asus, I love it...
3 REPLIES 3

InfernoStorm
Level 10
I'm so confused... so your title says LIES but then at the end of your message you said you love the board...

InfernoStorm wrote:
I'm so confused... so your title says LIES but then at the end of your message you said you love the board...

I was being sarcastic, the board spec only supports 3-Way (As I was ready to buy a new mobo). But Asus did a kick ass job without knowing, That it actually supports Quadfire Flawlessly!...

InfernoStorm
Level 10
P67 the chipset is supposed to only support up to 3-way crossfire... it "can" support quad SLI but P67 from my knowledge can only support up to 3-way crossfire. The fact that your board supports 4-way crossfire is awesome but the chipset specs do list it only supports 3-way crossfire.