cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparison ZXR vs Raid DLX ?

x7007
Level 7
If I want to hear 7.1 surround with headphone in PowerDVD or Potplayer or MPCHC , which setting for speakers do I choose ? 7.1 or Headphones ? or Stereo ?

Did they fix the issue with the mic ?

No one here who had Creative ZXR and replaced can give a good word on this card from surround perspective or better audio in a way or other ? I really want to buy it but I don't want to get dissapointed from something someone could've told me before who has this card.

I really like the sound the Asus Phoebus , but it was with crappy Dolby surround so I wanted to change it. the only reason I moved to ZXR is because the better surround. but now when there is 7.1 It would be really fun in game to have this option. but I need to know if it worth it.
2 REPLIES 2

x7007
Level 7
no one will ever answer this question ? I mean I know there are issue with the card and drivers, but how about the surround and what speaker set do you choose in the software ?

Vlada011
Level 10
Did you check on overclock.net owners of ASUS STRIX RAID DLX sometimes had or hear Sound Blaster ZxR.
I doubt that STRIX RAID DLX is worse than ZxR. Probably are very similar, STRIX RAID DLX are newer series and they have time to improve and made card better, did they done that I don't know.
I have SBZ, that level is enough for me but in future when I finish other upgrades and if I have chance I will replace for STRIX SOAR because
motherboard is ASUS, next board will be ASUS and for me is nicer if sound card is from same company as motherboard.
Some people look on 7.1 as advantage, for me is 5.1 enough but I have some impression that ASUS cards give maybe stronger better gaming
experience, but maybe is that only my impression after trying excellent onboard SupremeFX and after several video clips in comparison some
previous ASUS series and Creative.