cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pc Help Please

Assunsesacy
Level 7
Hey, I upgraded my graphics card and PSU today and ever since Windows has been a lot slower - slower starting up and slower in general also. Performance is better in games though, which is good as that's why I bought the graphics card.
The light on my case is ALWAYS blinking and I can ALWAYS hear the little whirring sounds, both things that used to occasionally occur when opening a programme or generally when the computer was thinking, but when I check my CPU usage it is not high at all (at 5% right now). My memory is also only just under half full.
I cannot think what the problem is, I'm sure I've done something wrong - here are my specs:

Intel Core 2 Q9400
Asus P5Q-Pro
Radeon HD 6950
4GB RAM
XFX 850w
Windows7 64-bit

My old specs were the same but with two HD 4850s and a Storm 900w PSU.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Kipper
Level 10
I moved your post to its own thread.

Your ISP says Germany yet your country says Afghanistan, I am keeping an eye on you just in case you are a sneaky spammer. If not then I apologize.

Which light is always blinking? Your HDD activity light? Do you have a schedule setup to automatically de-frag your hard drive? That might be one thing to check. You could also run Chkdsk to check for any errors or bad sectors on your hard drive
Motherboard- Maximus VII GENE
CPU- Intel i5-4690K 4.5GHz 1.25Vcore
CPU Cooler- EK Supremacy (Acetal+ Nickel)
RAM- 16gb G.Skill 2133MHz 9-11-11-31 1.6V
GPU- EVGA GTX 780
SSD- OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
SSD- Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
PSU- EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2
Case- CaseLabs SM5
OS- Windows 8.1 64bit