cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JX - Black Screen on Boot and BIOS

adrian17050
Level 7
About a month ago I decided to overclock my GPU with the GPU tweak utility that Asus provides, after deciding that the performance boost wasn't enough to justify the increased temps I reverted to defaults and uninstalled the program. Since then, my screen does not display anything after restart until the sign-in for Windows 10 loads. Only if plugged into an external monitor will it display the splash screen, BIOS, or Ubuntu when booted from a USB. Other than overclocking temporarily (maybe for a day of testing or so) nothing else was changed when this problem started happening.

I've tried resetting the BIOS, flashing the latest BIOS, booting to an Ubuntu live CD (which actually doesn't even recognize my laptops screen), and updating my GPU drivers several times (currently 361.43).
Other than being an inconvenience if I want to change BIOS settings or booting to a Ubuntu on a flash drive, this problem doesn't effect normal systems operation.
Currently running Windows 10 with only RAM and HDD upgrades to the laptop itself.
2 REPLIES 2

redduc900
Level 9
Once you make it to the desktop, try disabling hibernation from an administrative command prompt...

powercfg /hibernate off

... and reboot.
Laptop: Asus G750JZ

redduc900 wrote:
Once you make it to the desktop, try disabling hibernation from an administrative command prompt...

powercfg /hibernate off

... and reboot.

No change