cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Extereme will not POST !! Help pls.

emaratee
Level 9
Hi all,

Am having a problem with this is a new build ...

Spec:

Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel 3930k
Corsair Memory Vengeance 16 Dual Channel Kit DDR3 1600 MHz DDR3 SDRAM CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9
AMD HD5970
PSU 900w

The motherboard will simply not POST, I've tried every possible configuration without success. It's showing the following :

1. Debug Code : 61
2. DRAM LED is on
3. No Beeps are coming from the connected speaker.

The following components have been verified and working on my other system:

1. PSU
2. HD 5970
3. RAM

I even

Tested the motherboard outside the case with the pair minimum (cpu, gfx, ram). 24pin ATX + 4pin in 8pin is all connected.
CPU fan is connected

I could see through the green LEDs on the motherboard that it's a live and the debug LCD fillips through the process from 14 to 60 then 61 (where it gets stuck).

is there hope or shall I simply hit the RAM !!

Thanks in advance.
16 REPLIES 16

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Have you installed the ram in the right slots and have you tried one dim to see if post at all?

emaratee
Level 9
^^

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah .. as per the manual and properly seated.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Make sure the ram push down all the way on the side with no clip, if its not that then remove the battery and unplug the power for 5 minutes then try again.

LiveOrDie wrote:
Make sure the ram push down all the way on the side with no clip, if its not that then remove the battery and unplug the power for 5 minutes then try again.

It is inserted properly ... but I have to give the battery thing u described a try ... and will report back ... Thanks a lot.

Tried the battery trick ... NO GOOD !! but thanks anyway ...

By the way the motherboard .. just started to go banana .. !! the debug LCD will flash all sort of code ... which I manage to capture some of it (14, 60, 61.. and AF) !!!! ... for no obvious reason !!!

I disconnected the GFX ... then restarted the board ... now it's stuck at debug code 00 !! with a pci 1-5 led (as I recall) lit green !!

Long story short ... it's packed & ready to sent off on RMA ....

All the great years with Rampage series this is one is DOA I guess ... will give a new board a try and report back once RMA is dealt with ...

Thanks for the help.

emaratee wrote:
Tried the battery trick ... NO GOOD !! but thanks anyway ...

By the way the motherboard .. just started to go banana .. !! the debug LCD will flash all sort of code ... which I manage to capture some of it (14, 60, 61.. and AF) !!!! ... for no obvious reason !!!

I disconnected the GFX ... then restarted the board ... now it's stuck at debug code 00 !! with a pci 1-5 led (as I recall) lit green !!

Long story short ... it's packed & ready to sent off on RMA ....

All the great years with Rampage series this is one is DOA I guess ... will give a new board a try and report back once RMA is dealt with ...

Thanks for the help.

If you read here, gave me a similar problem, fortunately with a CCMOS is back in place, I hope some expert will be able to give an explanation even theoretically, because the code 00 is not in use.

sisco wrote:
If you read here, gave me a similar problem, fortunately with a CCMOS is back in place, I hope some expert will be able to give an explanation even theoretically, because the code 00 is not in use.

Yeah ... but my case .. it's not going into bios from day one .. no beeps nothing ..!! I've literally played all possible combinations of CPU, ram, gfx ...

RAM & GFX is tested and runs on my other system ... this is just dead strange !!

Thanks anyway.

emaratee wrote:
Yeah ... but my case .. it's not going into bios from day one .. no beeps nothing ..!! I've literally played all possible combinations of CPU, ram, gfx ...

RAM & GFX is tested and runs on my other system ... this is just dead strange !!

Thanks anyway.

He had understood that you never left, but in my case the behavior was similar, has happened because removing the MB to install the WB Kooolance, and just reinstalled the whole, had an almost identical behavior from your first starting of the engine, what I find strange is the meaning of the code 61 (NVRAM initializzation), whereas the NVRAM should be a non-volatile memory, such as CMOS, which stores the data of the devices (intrrrup etc. ..) that can still in some way can be deleted and restored.
Another strange thing in my case is the fact that dismantling and Romont PC, I have changed almost nothing, so what happened to NVRAM?

sisco wrote:
He had understood that you never left, but in my case the behavior was similar, has happened because removing the MB to install the WB Kooolance, and just reinstalled the whole, had an almost identical behavior from your first starting of the engine, what I find strange is the meaning of the code 61 (NVRAM initializzation), whereas the NVRAM should be a non-volatile memory, such as CMOS, which stores the data of the devices (intrrrup etc. ..) that can still in some way can be deleted and restored.
Another strange thing in my case is the fact that dismantling and Romont PC, I have changed almost nothing, so what happened to NVRAM?

Yeah . .. that 's strange too ..