cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite Widget/mini bar OSD How to Disable Floating on top?

Laz6r_147
Level 7
Hi,

As the tittle Says. But first a rundown of what i did.

Not sure what its called but i will call it Widget. Iam talking about this:

IIRC this Widget it never floated on top of everything. In fact iam 99.99% sure it dint. In other words it acted like an icon and always stayed on the desktop and never appeared ontop of web pages or
even when watching a Youtube video on full screen and even playing a game now it always appears ontop of the page rather then staying behind/ on the desktop.

To be more clear it does This now "Notice how its ontop" I should not be able to see this ontop of the webpage it should be on my desktop:

It never did this. How can i disable it. I want the feature to go back to how it was original where it stayed on my desktop and dint float on top of everything and if
i needed to use it i would just minimize my chrome page or video if either video or webpage was covering it, change the fan profile to what i wanted and opened
everything back up and it stayed on the desktop. Piece of cake.:cool:

It seemed to happen when i installed MSI afterburner and sellected a few OSD Option so that i can monitor my game play temps and GPU/CPU usage. etc...

Game was tom clancy's the division..

Game is set to play in Window mode @ 3440x1400 (But a little less IIRC its 3380x1368 or something around that so that its not full screen) Not sure if that
matters but i tried setting it to full screen and it dint do
any help. Just mentioning it just encase.

So i have tried disabling everything i did in Afterburner and the sever that come attached to it but it still dint fix it. This Widget still shows up on top of all my
stuff.

can someone please help me get this back to normal.

I want this widget, (I dont want to uninstall it) i just dont want it ontop of all my stuff, especially when viewing Videos in Full screen and even Webpages and images.
its annoying.

Thanks for your help in advance. If you need more details just let me know.
11 REPLIES 11

toronto699
Level 13
in the mini bar settings there sould be "auto hide"

toronto699
Level 13
in the Ai Suite mini bar settings there sould be "auto hide"

Where is this Mini Bar setting please.?

I cannot find it and i for sure never Enable it to float. So something must of did it.

I have Dual intelligent Processors 5. Fan Expert 3 is in there. and when i click on it i get this:

If i right Click on AI Suite icon in the toolbar(By the Clock) I see 2 option

Note: If i double click on AI suite it opens up Dual intelligent Processors 5. Not sure if iam missing a program.

Maximus Hero VIII MOB if that matters.

So where else to go.?

Thanks

Update:

Deleted AfterBurner and the server attachment and it fixed the issue.

Hmmm Odd that this happend and i could not figure out what the issue was.

Going to install it again and see what happens.

Will update.

If anyone has an Idea of whats going on and knows a solution to this. Please post it.

I will update again.

Thanks

Ha.

I dont know whats going on but now its doing it again. I dint touch anything.

So the above post dint fix it.:( As i thought it did.:(

toronto699
Level 13
See the little clog wheel upper right that should be settings there is also a clog wheel near the save profile in your post 4 forum member Chino made a guide hope its helpful
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?39704-6-AI-Suite-III-Tips-That-Will-Save-Your-Life!
http://rog.asus.com/11452013/news/6-top-tips-for-ai-suite-iii/
if still not solved PM Chino Hes one smart cookie
http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?64917-Chino

Although those wheels are indeed "Settings" unfortunately they dont have what we are after.

The Wheel near the Save/Profile is for fan settings Voltages,tems,RMP's and F/C setting....

The wheel that is actually on the Widget is Nothing more as a Quick Launch for Dual intelligent processors 5 and or Quick Launches for PC clean,Fan Expert,Led Adj and EPU.

So thats a No go unless there is a Deeper "Setting Option" Somewhere else those are not it.:(

dannyboy292
Level 7

Right click on the icon and uncheck Asus Mini Bar.

Laz6r_147
Level 7
^^^Please see post 4. I tried that.

Unchecking The "Asus mini Bar" Just closes it out. It doesn't Make it not float "on top" of everything.

Iam looking for how to "Disable ontop option"

Thanks