cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Radeon 295x2 (Only drivers I can play games with is Crimson 15.12)

Impsak
Level 7
Hi,

System:
Asus Maximus VIII Alpha Hero Motherboard
Skylake 6700K (Manualy overclocked in bios @ 4.5 running on adaptiv voltage)
16GB Gskill memory kit (2x8 sticks running 2666mhz XMP profile)

ASUS Radeon R9 295x2

Windows 10, 64bit

Most games played: Killing floor 2, Red Orchestra 2/Rising storm/Insurgency

Issue:
The only Crimson driver I get my games working with is Crimson 15.12. I have tried to install all new drivers after this, but
just end up reinstalling the 15.12 crimson drivers.

What happens if I have other drivers than crimson 15.12 installed: The steam games I play crashes 1 sec after loading. I only get to
see a 1/3rd of a second of the 1st screen or icon or whatever that pops up.
Killing floor 2: Whole screen goes red and computer freezes
Red Orcherstra 2: only see slighlty the start text appearing after starting the game. (1st logo screen slightly appears)

So what has changed with these drivers after 15.12 ? anyone knows ?
I have AMD freesync enabled.. and also tried without. (with 15.12 it works in both modes)

And a major reason why I want to tun the never drivers is that AMD freesync seems to flicker in 15.12. While I install newer drivers there is
no flickering in windows with freesync enabled.

Sent many subscritions to AMD. But no feedback.
2 REPLIES 2

BearCat
Level 10
If you head over to the AMD forums and read the threads you'll find your not alone. The Crimson drivers have proven to be a disaster for many people. I myself have been sitting on my HD 7970 cards for a year waiting to upgrade. I'm still running Catalyst drivers because I don't feel like fighting to try to get the new ones to work. And I'm not buying a new card only to find out it's crippled by drivers. If the new Polaris cards don't work out of the box I may havta look at the Green team for the first time in my life.

BearCat wrote:
If you head over to the AMD forums and read the threads you'll find your not alone. The Crimson drivers have proven to be a disaster for many people. I myself have been sitting on my HD 7970 cards for a year waiting to upgrade. I'm still running Catalyst drivers because I don't feel like fighting to try to get the new ones to work. And I'm not buying a new card only to find out it's crippled by drivers. If the new Polaris cards don't work out of the box I may havta look at the Green team for the first time in my life.

Hi,

I managed to finally solve this.
Problem was actually that I needed to use CCleaner after using DDU

1. Go to programs appz. Uninstall old Crimson drivers. Restart windwos.
2. Run DDUninstaller in safe mode. restart windows after removed all AMD drivers
3. back in windows, run CCleaner (clean the registry)
4. restart computer.
5. Install new Crimson drivers and you should be fine 🙂