cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY Asus ROG Gaming Center warning!

Gustave
Level 9
Since the G752VY upgrade to BIOS 213 and ROG Gaming Center 1.0.8 every now and then I get this warning:

WARNING! System-overclocking failed. Press reboot and:

1. Press F2 to enter the BIOS setup-menu at POST.
2. Press F9 to load optimized defaults.
3. Pres F10 to save configuration and exit.

Reboot

Anything serious going on here? Or is it a flaky BIOS?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5 REPLIES 5

JustinThyme
Level 13
Looks like you pushed too hard on the GPU OC to me.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Looks like you pushed too hard on the GPU OC to me.

You should say so but the only thing I did was putting the Turbo gear settings to extreme (which shows no difference to the standard setting btw).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gustave
Level 9
I have not OC'd anything but the warning keeps popping up all the time. Maybe I revert back to BIOS 212 to see if that changes anything.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hexaae
Level 12
Can't reproduce here on my G752 in signature with BIOS 213...
Advice: just download last ROG Gaming Center package and reinstall it over your current installation.
https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G752VY/HelpDesk_Download/ (Utilities node)
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

hexaae wrote:
Can't reproduce here on my G752 in signature with BIOS 213...
Advice: just download last ROG Gaming Center package and reinstall it over your current installation.
https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G752VY/HelpDesk_Download/ (Utilities node)

Thanks!

I have the latest version installed. This phenomenon arises a lot when I try to experiment with booting from a WindowsToGo USB stick or a Samsung Portable SSD T3 with a backup of my C-drive/boot drive.

I want to create a RAID0 with the two Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD's but I am a bit reluctant to, now the system seems to be unstable.

I'd like to use my existing setup instead of doing a fresh install and reinstall everything.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]