cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix RAID Pro - Mono sounds only play in left channel

crookedview
Level 7
Using an Asus Strix RAID Pro sound card and found that mono sounds will only play in the left channel. All other sound cards I've used (mostly Creative) will play the mono sound through both channels simultaneously.

Is there a way to change this?

Using Windows 10
1.1.2 driver, 1.14 firmware

Thanks,
Chris
7 REPLIES 7

CrazyCoder
Level 7
Same problem here. If you uninstall ASUS software and delete the driver, Windows will install a different version of the driver automatically and it will fix the problem.

Not an option if you are using any of the Strix software features, but it confirms that the problem is with the driver and can be easily fixed by ASUS.

We should contact the official support channel to get it sorted.

By the way, it also depends on the software (API) that plays the sound. Some players and apps play mono sounds in both channels, but others play it only in the left channel.

I've been emailing ASUS support and unfortunately, this appears to be by design. This is incredibly unfortunate, as this issue is extremely frustrating. I've gone back to using my Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi because of this problem. At least give users the option to play mono sounds over both channels.

ASUS clearly does not care about their sound cards. Too bad, because the sound quality that the card delivers is great. Terrible drivers.

CrazyCoder wrote:
Same problem here. If you uninstall ASUS software and delete the driver, Windows will install a different version of the driver automatically and it will fix the problem.

Not an option if you are using any of the Strix software features, but it confirms that the problem is with the driver and can be easily fixed by ASUS.

We should contact the official support channel to get it sorted.

By the way, it also depends on the software (API) that plays the sound. Some players and apps play mono sounds in both channels, but others play it only in the left channel.

Bahz
Level 12
Sorry I missed this, I'll contact our audio team to see if there's any possibility to add an option in the software to allow the mono sounds to be played through both channels.

Thanks Bahz. Look forward to new developments.

Bahz wrote:
Sorry I missed this, I'll contact our audio team to see if there's any possibility to add an option in the software to allow the mono sounds to be played through both channels.

There is definitely an option to do it since the default Windows drivers do mono sounds over both channels on the same hardware. The problem starts only after you install the drivers from ASUS.

Bahz
Level 12
After highlighting the issue again to our audio team they have come out with a driver in hopes to fix this issue, I have sent you both the link. Please remember this is unofficial beta version so please don't redistribute it. Thank you both for your help.

Thanks for the beta driver, I can confirm that it fixes this problem with mono sounds.