cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Xonar Phoebus - Windows 10 and Dolby Home Theater

Darats
Level 7
Hi all,

I use to have the Dolby Home Theater working under Windows 10 a few days ago, everything with my Phoebus was working fine.

But I had to delete and reinstall my drivers for some reason, and I'm now unable to find back the right version that I use to have.

What I want is the drivers with Dolby Home Theater and the "large page" black and red Phoebus software.
From what I have tried to download I get either the new Sonic stuff (with the dark grey icon) or the oldfashionned small reddish Phoebus software (with only DTS Ultra PC II working).

I've tried several older versions but even if I get the DHT installed, nothing is happening if I turn it on, like the Phoebus isn't taking it into account. I can't also find back the nice black and red interface for the Phoebus software.
I don't want to use DTS Ultra or Sonic because I like much better the DHT (this was one of the reasons why I bought the card).
Please, don't tell me DHT do not work under Windows 10, because it was before I uninstalled my driver.

I hope someone has a solution for me.

Thanks a lot.
10 REPLIES 10

ZL0I
Level 7
Try to install version ROG Xonar Phoebus driver for Windows 7 7.0.1.35,
windows 7 compatibility mode.

Thanks for the answer,

I tried that:

First, I uninstalled the Phoebus program, the Dolby Home Teather v4 program, all the audio drivers, even Nvidia High Def drivers.
Then, I restarted, the Card was found and was put Windows High Def Audio drivers.
Then, I reinstalled the Windows 7 driver shown in the previous post.

As a result:
I still don't have the interface I use to have (I hope someone see what I am searching for).
And the most problematic issue: the DHT is not doing anything if I turn it on (the colored bars are not moving at all if I play music).
If I go to the Windows Properties of my headset or speakers and click on the "Dolby" tab, I get the following error : Error creating ASL interface. Please verify that the ASL DLL is registered.

Any hint?

ZL0I wrote:
Try to install version ROG Xonar Phoebus driver for Windows 7 7.0.1.35,
windows 7 compatibility mode.

Worked for me on a non-Insider Windows 10 Pro (10586.318). I used the "new" drivers' installer to remove the previous drivers (the latest Beta). I exited the driver installation without selecting the Restart option and then Restarted. Dolby and Xear etc. all working. Netflix working too and no need to turn off protected audio. No pop-up objections from Windows either. DDL option is there, but I can't test it. Surely ASUS should start with these drivers if they're developing Windows 10 drivers? The task appears to already be 99% complete.

Just need to update the drivers

I just installed and everything is going OK

Find the drivers here

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/Asus/ASUS-ROG-Xonar-Phoebus-Audio-Driver-426-Beta-for-Wi...

ZL0I
Level 7

I have installed on Windows 10 system, all drivers and programs install and uninstall uninstall tool, as an option can offer to try to clean the traces of old instal

Where can I find this uninstall tool?

OK I've managed to find back the interface I use to have using the Phoebus_1.0.8 driver.

However the DHT is still not working. It also doesn't automatically start when I launch windows. And again, if I turn it on, nothing happened and the bar of the equalizer stay flat, like the sound is not passing through it.

Rewerend
Level 9
All of the features works for me, like ZLOI posted. Which version did u try to install?