cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS HD 6990 and SWTOR Framerates

DoomweaverakaMM
Level 7
Hi I am getting extremely low FPS with this graphics card even though it is apparantly top of the line on SWTOR. My setup is : -

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16288MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series (ASUS HD 6990)

I doubt very much its throttling of any sort, would i be correct in assuming the drivers need an update? I have the version updated 15/12/2011 by the catalyst control

Please help 😄

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Navi
Level 7
Lol @ 250 views + no replys

have the same problem bro 🙂

setup :

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz 1.36vc
Asrocking An Extreme 6 P67 1.8
2x4GB DDR3 1600MHZ
XFX 6990 4 GB Stock speed atm.
Antec dark fleet f 85

youre not the only one with low framerates..
before the '4th janaury maintence i didnt had the problem 😕

well lets hope they fix it + cap from amd..

EDIT : running CCC 12.1 + CAP

HiVizMan
Level 40
Out of interest how can you be so sure that the CPU is not throttling the game?

If you have a ASUS mother board simply use the automatic level up feature or overclock your CPU to just over 4GHz and see if there is any improvements. If yes the throttling is happening, if no then definitively there is not. And we can proceed with trying to find a solution that does not require AMD to provide a fix if possible.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Mine is fixed.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Navi was the AMD update the fix for you? Or did you do something else. Could you post back here and share with us please. I do not have this card so can not duplicate.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I have OC'd but no difference, it may be due to poor optimization within the game but getting 20fps is beyond a joke 😞

HiVizMan
Level 40
Do you have patch 1.1?

Spoony
Level 7
i get shocking FPS on this game with 1 monitor like 20 max if im lucky but when i turn on eyefinity i get 140+ fps i dont get it at all.

doesnt like high end systems and i have 3 x 6970 on the new R4E with 32gb of 1600 vengence and the 3930K CPU.

still unsure what or how to fix it with 1 1920x1200 but is wicked on 5760x1200.

go figure

check urs gpu cooler.may be urs gpu cooler doesn't touch perfectly gpu chip because of this gup working but not perfectly. i face same problem